Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking back, part 2

Sue had a good idea to post her favorite cards made previous to the launch of her blog. Since my blog is only 2 months old, I really like her idea of preserving my older favorites here, too. This was so hard, like choosing your favorite child!

This one uses three of my very favorite stamps.


I've included this one because it uses the strip-piecing technique taught to me by Mary Anne, the friend who got me into making cards, and another old favorite stamp, the coneflower. This technique is great for using up little scraps, and also makes me think of quilts, another love of mine.


I love autumn. This was for a color challenge.


And this was made after Shari Carroll taught us the emboss/resist technique.


Lilacs are a sentimental favorite flower of mine. Each little flower was stamped separately in 2 colors of lavender ink.


This was inspired by my Hostess sister Sarah's scrapbook page.


And if you read yesterday's post, you'll see this is inspired by Marilyn.


You'll see Kathy's card in that same post.


This one was inspired by Jacqueline.


I love birds. This one was made about the time of our grandson's birth.


Another of my favorite flowers, the forget-me-not, made by paper-piecing.


Clear cards are so fun to make; this one was for my sister's birthday.


And just so you know, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!! This was a card using digital elements.

If you haven't noticed yet, I love hearts and flowers.


And finally, I made a card for each of my Hero Hostess sisters, using our signature apron colors.


If you'd like an up-close and personal look at any of these, just click on the picture. Thanks for indulging me!! Now please keep reading below for my favorites of other cardmakers this year.

10 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Wow Lin, wonderful selection of cards. Can't believe how many I haven't seen before - will have to go to your photostream! Happy New Year to you and your family.

Heather Maria

Suzanne C said...

So glad you did this! I thought the other post was going to be this and wanted to see a recap of what was your favorite! They are gorgeous and I have 2 of my top favorites in here that you selected. The first one is so gorgeous and soft and pretty and I love the acetate card! Again so beautiful and I love the effect of the acetate and the colors you incorporated! Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Wow, thanks so much for compiling these lovelies for our viewing enjoyment! Your style is simply gorgeous, every card a beauty! Here's to more wonderful inspiration in the coming year!

Jill said...

Happy New Year, Lin! What a great way to start 2010 by looking at all of your AMAZING creations! You are so talented--this post is PURE EYE CANDY!!!!

CinnamonSally said...

Love all these cards, new to me and so glad you have added them to your blog for us all to see.

Tracey said...

Oh Lin...what a wonderful review of your faves!!!! LOVELY LOVELY creations to adore!!!!

Alice said...

it's such a treat to see all those cards at once, Lin! they are so beautiful! thanks for sharing!

Sue McRae said...

It was a pleasure looking through your lovely collection of cards Lin!

Libby Hickson said...

So many beautiful cards!! I especially loved the very first one - so pretty!

Kathy said...

Wow Lin scrolling through all these cards is like visiting an art gallery (excluding. mine) thanks for sharing it though. I have always admired your graceful and unique style that is classicly creative and beautiful!! You are the best sista
hugs,kathy