Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blooming Heart Valentines

As I said in my last post, I usually send out lots of Valentine cards each year, and in the past each one was completely different from the next.  But I haven't started mine yet for this year, and I'm beginning to panic, so I thought I'd try doing a design 3 times, just varying the colors and sentiments.  Here are my first 3 cards using the Hero Arts Blooming Heart stamp, and all stamped on kraft cardstock:



This first one was stamped in versamark and embossed in white, framed in black, and then added to a white card base with the sentiment stamped in black.  The skinny black and white gingham ribbon and script-stamped butterfly with a heart gem were added to finish.

Supplies: kraft, black and white cardstock, Hero Arts K5298 Blooming Heart, AR109 Heartfelt Wishes, versamark ink and white embossing powder, versafine onyx black ink, gingham ribbon, Martha Stewart butterly punch, white heart gem


This one was stamped in versamark and embossed in a pink embossing powder, then framed in pale pink parchment cardstock, punching the edge with the hearts.  The sentiment was stamped using the same embossing powder.

Supplies: kraft and pale pink parchment cardstock, Hero Arts K5298 Blooming Heart, CL301 Hugs n Hearts, versamark ink and Stamp n Stuff Blushing Pink Pastel embossing powder, Martha Stewart lacy heart edge punch


And for the final card today, the blooming heart was stamped in black ink and colored in with pink colored pencil, framed in black, attached to a pink card base and finished with my newest sentiment set and some pink gems.

Supplies: kraft, black and pink cardstock, versafine onyx black ink, Hero Arts K5298 Blooming Heart, CL493 Live Life, pink Prismacolor pencil, pale pink gems

23 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your Valentines cards Lin, my favourite is definitely your first one, something about the gingham ribbon and little butterfly!

reen said...

That heart stamp is gorgeous. Can't quite decide which is my favorite. I'm torn between the first 2, the embossed hearts are so vivid.

joy said...

Gorgeous! Love them all, but the first one is my fav. . .

Suzanne C said...

These are all beautiful and sure to be appreciated by the recipients! Love the kraft mixed in with the pinks and reds and whites.

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful. All three are stunning... isn't amazing to use the same stamp in basically the same design but come up with three simply amazing and different cards.

Barb said...

You make it so difficult to pick a favorite, so I'm not going to! I love all three! Gorgeous cards, Lin!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE all of them! You aare the Queen of Hearts and these cards say it all. I love the embossing on kraft card stock. You had used the perfect stamp, too. Love the intricate-looking ones!

Arlene said...

Lovely.

Ann said...

Gorgeous - and the wreath card below! This lovely stamp doesn't need much to make it into a stunning card - only your talent Lin!! Afraid I don't send any valentine cards..... how sad ;o(

Hellemor said...

Such beautiful valentines cards. My favorit is the first one. It´s so elegant.

Sanne said...

Lovely valentines cards Lin - Love them all :)

Jacqueline said...

Lin, I can't imagine you ever crafting without hearts of one type or another - just so pretty!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love that stamp! your cards are lovely! The last one is my fav with the pink on it. I also like the way that new sentiment stamp looks with it! TFS!

Lani BH said...

Beautiful cards, my favorite is the one with the white background... so pretty. TFS!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous set of Valentine cards Lin. love all of your variations!

Yvette said...

All three beautiful cards! But the last one is my favorite.

Krissy said...

Perfect timing! I've been struggling to come up with an inspiration for an engagement card for one of our pastors and his new fiancee. Now I know that I need to go buy this stamp tomorrow. Thanks for solving that problem for me - I think card #2 will be perfect (which means I also have to get that really cute Martha heart punch!)

Thanks again for the beautiful inspiration!
Krissy
www.paperinkspirations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I admire you first for sending out Valentine's cards and the fact that you make them all different?!! Amazing! I love these three equally. Loving that heart stamp and I'm not really one much for heart shapes.

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful stamp and cards you made with it! :)

Judy1223 said...

Wow, wow, and WOW! No need to feel panicky anymore, Lin, you are on a Valentine ROLL now! Each card is unique and beautiful...can't say which one I like best because I LOVE them all! Lovely, lovely Valentines!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely set, Lin! My favourite goes to the first one as it gives a softer touch to the card due to the butterfly and ribbon!

Alice said...

awww... you used the blooming heart stamp so beautifully, Lin! fabulous cards!1

jintyoo7 said...

Each and everyone is so pretty! You create magic with this stamp :o)