Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CR84FN challenge 12

Isn't this inspiration graphic from CR84FN a lovely one!  I was a little wary of using kraft with the pastels, but, as usual, after playing with the colors, I really like this combination!


Here is my submission for this challenge.


I'm in Florida now as a snowbird, and brought down a limited number of supplies, one of which was this vintage rose print that I printed off at home (sorry I can't remember where I snagged it).  I used that as my start, and added some pearly Core'dination Amethyst cardstock, running it through my Textile embossing folder, along with the kraft card base.  Thanks to Donna Mikasa, I ordered some winter white seam binding and dyed it with spun sugar mixed with some water to make it pale pink.  I added a doily, the sentiment and some pale pink pearls.  I think this one will be a Valentine for my parents! 

Thanks, Mona, for these lovely colors!

Supplies: kraft and Core'dinations Amethyst cardstocks, vintage rose print, paper doily, hand-dyed seam binding, spun sugar distress ink, Hero Arts CL311 Valentine Flourish (sentiment), pink heart pearls

18 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lin! Looks like you packed some beautiful things - That image is so pretty and the embossed BG looks great! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Barb said...

You've filled this one with so many lovely elements, Lin! Beautifully done!

Dawn T said...

Lin. I love what you have done here. Great that you get to take some supplies with you ~ enjoy the warmer weather.

Brenda said...

Great take on this challenge Lin! Love those colours and the texture you added to this card!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the rose image! Very resourceful if you are working on limited supplies. (So hard to pick what to bring) I hope your weather is good. :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I love all the texture in this card, and the rose image is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week :)

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty Lin! Love this!! :) :) :) :) hugs

Deborah Frings said...

Love your interpretation of the colours for this week. There's so much texture in the backing papers and doily. Fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week.

joy said...

You have combined the colors and elements so beautaifully, Lin!

Kim Duran said...

Love the doily and you vintage roses! Such a pretty card!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Lin, Such a beautiful card! I love all the pretty elements and I think the kraft adds a touch of old fashioned look. It's wonderful...thanks for sharing!

Bianca said...

Stunning card

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Very beautiful! Love the vintage feel! Great job!

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS to the MAX Lin!!!!!!! LOVE everything about it!!

Andrea M said...

Lovely card Lin!!! Such a beautiful image :) Fabulous use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!!!

Sue Lelli said...

I KNOW what snowbirds are! I'm from Florida and my parents still live there! LOVE this card! LOOKS like you brought the right stuff for this color challenge! FAB image! THX for playing with us this week at CR84FN!

Alice said...

LOVE the vintage rose image you used for this, Lin! gorgeous card!

Michelle said...

Stunning Lin!!! I love the rose image! Beautiful embossing!