Friday, January 7, 2011

Eleven Elements for 2011

The challenge this week at the Shabby Tea Room is to make something using 11 elements.  At first I didn't think I was up to the task, but after I'd seen some of the other submissions I decided to give it a try, and I'm so glad I did, because this was so much fun putting together.  Here's my card:


I knew I wanted to use this beautiful mauvy hand-dyed wrinkled ribbon from my friend Donna, so I went looking for a vintage image to pair it with.  I thought this gorgeous basket of lilacs was perfect.  Then I just matched up some designer papers, found some lace (a gift from Tiffany) and the rest flowed from there.


So here is my list of items:
1. cardstock for the base of the card
2. designer papers, Websters Pages and another unknown
3. vintage image
4. hand-dyed wrinkled ribbon
5. vintage button
6. lace
7. stamping (sentiment)
8. heart charm
9. tiny heart stick pins
10. fabric flowers
11. pearls
12. punched ferns

Also submitting this to the Flourishes challenge: The Colors of Love, using shades of pink, white, and red, and to the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge: Something New, being this lovely hand-dyed ribbon.

Supplies: ivory parchment cardstock, Websters Pages dp, PTI Vintage Picnic Sentiments, Hero Arts woven lace ribbon

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

Amazing Lin. I didn't think it was crowded enough for 11 elements.... but there they all are!!!! Well done!!!

Sanne said...

What a beauty Lin!.........and the colors are a perfect match to your blog!!!

Barb said...

Wow! You are so creative! 11 is a lot of elements but this looks fabulous! Love the way it all came together, Lin!

Ann said...

Excellent - and such a pretty card that really doesn't look too fussy Lin. You are a very talented designer.

Jacqueline said...

That is so difficult! Not everybody can punch out a fern! But you did it Lin - this is so so pretty!

Michelle said...

Awesome Lin!!! I love the vintage image and that beautiful heart charm!!!

Nancy said...

Oh this turned out so lovely, Lin! Such a nice vintage feel.

Debbie said...

Simply lovely, Lin!!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

PapierGirl said...

You did it Lin and it turned out gorgeous! So many pretty elements and a soft vintage feel too! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Dawn B. said...

This is very pretty. I like all the hearts you used in your card today.. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes this week.

Leslie Miller said...

A gorgeous vintage creation! Love every bit of those eleven elements! So glad you could enter it in Flourishes' challenge!

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty! I like the layout and the vintage feel this has. Thanks for playing in our Color of Love challenge.

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

What a pretty vintage image for this lovely card!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card with the layers of vintage image and details.