Friday, January 21, 2011

Red, kraft and brown

.....are the colors for this week's CR84FN challenge.  Here is the inspiration picture:


And here is my entry:


I started with Jennifer McGuire's technique to use an acrylic block and some water-misted fired brick distress ink to make my red background.  That was overstamped in brown with the Love quote, then trimmed out and framed in dark brown cardstock.  I added some beautiful ecru crochet lace (a gift from Carole), and also some stamped heart buttons hung on some tan twine. 

I'm also entering this into Really Reasonable Ribbon's challenge: Hearts. 

Supplies: cream parchment, kraft and dark brown cardstocks, fired brick distress ink misted with water on an acrylic block and Memories Artprint Brown inks, Our Daily Bread "1 Corinthians", Hero Arts CL406 SparkleClear Buttons, crochet lace, twine

18 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Love 1 Cor.13! Lin, I was wondering where you had gone! I thought it's not like Lin to not post cards, but recently I understood that you were working on a project - hush hush... I am very curious!

Sue McRae said...

I really like this design Lin with the dangly hearts and lace ribbon!

Anita Rex said...

Gorgeous! Love the background it's perfect and the dangling hearts are so sweet!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous!!!

donna mikasa said...

Hi LIn! Such a fabulous Valentine--I love the dangling hearts, too! I must try that acrylic block technique. Thanks for the inspiration!

joy said...

Another beautiful card, Lin! This is such a pretty color combo.

Deborah Frings said...

Just fab! I think the verse is lovely and your little hearts on twine so sweet. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week.

Barb said...

I'm glad I know you like I do, otherwise I may have missed this post. I worked today and figured you might have posted twice. Beautiful background and the lace from Carole is so pretty! I love your sweet hearts hanging from the twine!

Dawn T said...

this is just stunning Lin. Such a pretty card

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Lin! Love the dangling hearts! Thank you for joining along with CR84FN :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a precious card i love the papers and the pretty embellishments.
have a wonderful weekend
Claudia

Kathy Martin said...

So sweet! Swoooooooon! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Lin! Love the background technique you used and your dangling hearts are adorable! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Brenda said...

Beautiful Lin! Love those stamped heart buttons!

Sue Lelli said...

LIN, LOVE that technique! LOVE that poem and the dangling hearts! GREAT card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Arlene said...

Beautiful! Not quite sure how this can be dainty and bold, but it is. Love it.

Suzanne C said...

lin.. Gorgeous! Beautiful use of the colors. The dangling hearts are so pretty and a great detail. I am too curious about your project. Can't wait to see it!

Bonnie Garby said...

Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.