Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Memory Box Blog Blitz



supplie: white card, Memory box papers from the Minuet and Valise collections, #98160 die Perched Reed Bird, JoAnn organdy ribbon, Hero Arts sentiment from CL583 Right at Home, aged mahogany distress ink, blue pearl eye

Just sharing a card I made for the Blog Blitz over at Outside the Box blog.  We are to make a card and use at least 1 Memory Box stamp or die.  I don't have any of my stamps here with me, but I did order this amazing little Perched Reed Bird die after taking the Clean and Simple class online.  And I have some beautiful Memory Box papers here too, so this is what I came up with.  Julie Ebersole used this idea of the negative image of the die in the left corner, popping the design paper panel above it.


This fits into the Moxie Fab World's Cool Tool's Week: Die Cutting Challenge, too, so I'm entering it there.

14 comments:

Suzanne C said...

So clever and beautiful! Love that you popped out the die from the paper and then added another beautiful bird on the paper!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ooh! Isn't this ever so soft and dainty! Love the delicate trim too!

Annette Allen said...

what a beautiful scene...I love those pretty birds...great card

Sue McRae said...

This is a beauty Lin, makes me think of spring. Love how you used the patterned paper and the bird die.

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful card Lin, love these green and blue tones! Love anything actually with birds!

Dawn T said...

lovely card. I really like the way you did your bird. And what amazing papers.

Maureen Chandler said...

WOW - what a lovely card. I love the technique and I took that class too. I keep meaning to go back and watch the videos again and try something new. You did a beautiful job!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Amazing Lin! I love everything about this card - color, design, dimension....

jenny said...

Beautiful card---love how you used the negative space technique. Great use of the patterned paper.
Cheers! Jenny "Outside the Box"

Kath Stewart said...

loving this lin...beautiful papers and wow wow wow love that bird...hugs kath xxx

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful wonderful card Lin!

Ann said...

So sweet! That little birdy is so cute - love what you've done with him... and the colours are to die for!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Congrats on your mention! This is a beauty!

maria f. said...

Yoohoo, honorable mention! Beauty of a card. I love it. And thanks for the inspiration - I have that little birdie too and love to place him on any kind of branch.