Friday, February 24, 2012

Kissing technique

This week at Lily Pad Cards, our challenge is to use the kissing technique.  If you're not sure what I mean, it's kissing one stamp to another.  In this card, the poppy background was inked with poppy (gold) ink and the dot flower pattern with punch (red) ink.  I pressed the poppy to the dot flower stamp and then to white cardstock, and this is the result.  I like the impressionistic look of the resulting background, like a field of flowers:


supplies: white cardstock, Hero Arts PS596 punch layering paper, CG140 Poppy Background, AF181 Poppy chalk ink, CG335 Dot Flower Pattern, AF180 Punch chalk ink, CL490 Sending Smiles Messages, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, EK Success scallop border punch, orange buttons, red & white baker's twine

We're sponsored again by Simon Says Stamp, so give this technique a try and share it with us at Lily Pad Cards to win a gift certificate! 

19 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

This is so stunning, Lin! And what a great use of one my fav stamps. I need to practice this technique because I haven't ever had good luck with it. Thanks for the inspiration and have a great weekend.

Barb said...

Love every inch of this card, Lin! Great idea to kiss these two stamps together - the result is fabulous! Have a good weekend, my friend! :)

Nancy K said...

such joyful colors on this stunner, Lin! loving the combo of stamps you used to kiss! i'm inspired to get that poppy stamp out again, you've made it look so fresh and new!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Another stunner Lin! I too love the impressionistic pattern!

Cindy C. said...

So beautiful, love the flower on flower design!

Yvette said...

Gorgeous! A great stamp for the kissing technique.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I just love your kissing technique--you make it look so easy! And I have to say--it's NOT! I cannot make mine look as good as yours!

Happy birthday to your hubs:) I am sorry I missed going to Orlando and hanging with you and Virginia! I just didn't have time this month--so busy! Hope to get with you soon--after my family leaves!

joy said...

very Monet-ish card, Lin! Love these two stamps together and, yes, you do make it look SO easy! Hope you are having a ball in Florida.

Kathy Martin said...

I always smile when I come to your blog and see that little blue bird! And then I smile again when I see your pretty projects! Great technique! :)

Alice said...

love love the background! this is such a beauty, Lin! love it! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you kissed those two stamps - brilliant, Lin! And gorgeous colors too!!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Ohhhh, how BEAUTIFUL! Love the effect of the kissing technique - will have to give this a whirl!

Annette Allen said...

Lin your cards are always so amazing...I so love this amazing card...love it..

Ann said...

Ahhhhh.... don't you think this lovely card is like a hot summer's day! Gorgeous - warms me up just looking at it!

Arlene said...

Love the way this turned out! LOVE the colors too.

Brenda said...

I think this is one of the neatest cards I have seen! Love the pattern that you kissed the stamp with and the colors are beautiful Lin!

Brenda & Ian said...

Wow...that's all I can say is Wow! I have this stamp and I could never have made it look so WOW. Did I say that is all I can say....WOW

Brenda in Maple Ridge BC Canada

Jen W. said...

This is fantastic! Love the colours and those two stamps are so perfect for this technique!

Suzanne C said...

OoOh... Yummy sherbert colors and wonderful kissing effect!