Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hero Arts February challenge




supplies: blue, brown, and spring green cardstock, Hero Arts CG291 Three Dotted Flowers, CG405 Leaf and Floral Background, CL564 Friend You're the Best, Hero Hues Cerulean chalk ink, Memories Artprint Brown ink, Nesties Labels Eighteen, K&Company "Roam" fabric covered brads

I made this card for the challenge at Hero Arts for February.  There are lots of categories to choose from : Friendship or Hello cards, using die-cuts, or following one of 3 sketches.  My card was entirely influenced by the brads I just bought, which are a springy green, a dusty blue, and chocolate brown.  I used 2 new stamps and one of my favorites from last year, the 3 Dotted Flowers.

10 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow I am so LOVING this card...wow Lin that flower looks amazing...great colors...love it

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card Lin, I love the colors and the button in the center is perfect!

Jackie said...

Beautiful! This color combination is one of my favorites.

Bunnyfreak said...

Stunning. Love the shade of blue.

Nancy K said...

Those colors make me so happy, Lin! Such a beautifully stamped and constructed card; loving that flower!

sheila said...

really so lovely Lin. I especially love the deep chocolate of this cardstock with the two shades of blue....so luxorious looking. Also, it is so nice to see the texture of the brown cardstock from behind your flower and sentiment banner...

Brenda said...

I love this Lin! That brad is simply too beautiful and I can see how and why it influenced you!

Cindy C. said...

So pretty! Love the brad!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Double Wow Lin!

MarcyK924 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! The addition of the green to the blue and brown ROCKS! STUNNING! XO