Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Vintage design?

On Saturday, the Hero Arts Flickr group had another of our Scrambles, hosted by Cecilia.  She asked that we make a vintage design.  I remembered an older Hero Arts cling stamp called Circle Doily and embossed it in white over a newspaper print from a My Mind's Eye paper pad long discontinued, then stamped a sentiment and added some Prima Flowers.




It was an easy design to execute in our given 90 minutes, and I was pleased with the result, but the more I looked at it, I knew it would end up being one of those cards that have to be physically handed to someone......those flowers make it impossible to mail.  So I took them off and replaced them with some stamped flowers.


supplies: My Mind's Eye newspaper dp from a MME Lost & Found paper pad, Hero Arts Circle Doily, sentiment from Luscious Patterned Flowers, Altenew Painted Flowers, Paper Sweeties flower sequins

This one kind of looks like an old-fasioned tussie-mussie that Victorian ladies carried, really just a little bouquet of flowers wrapped in lace.

Which do you prefer?  Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Hi Lin, Thought I would stop by. I think both Cards are so Pretty. I am Loving that Circle Doily Stamp. I will be searching around to see if I can find It. Thanks for Sharing and hope you have a Happy Day!
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Love both designs, Lin! So beautiful! ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous cards Lin the flowers are stunning!

Cat Craig said...

Lin, I love that you posted your change up as well. I love both cards, but a slight preference for the hard to mail card. Those rose flowers are so beautiful and dimensional.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

He, he - I love how we rework our Scramble cards, Lin! Your Altenew flowers look amazing instead of those yummy but oh,so unmailable, Prima flowers! I didn't photograph my updated Scramble card but I added a die cut Happy and stamped birthday so it became a birthday card in a flash :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Lisa Elton said...

The embossed doilies are so pretty Lin, these are wonderful!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Love these beauties Lin...the doilies add such a great touch. Nice new blog header too!

Nora Noll said...

Both versions of your card are beautiful!! However, I know what you mean when you get too dimensional. It makes the card too hard to send. LOVE the embossed doily and the Altenew flowers look fabulous over it!

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

lovely work... my definite preference is for the stamped flower card.. both are lovely though and will be happily received by your recipients...

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, both cards are gorgeous! Since I've been working on mailable cards, I prefer the second for that reason. But both are gorgeous. Too bad this lovely doily is no longer available! :-( You've used is beautifully! Hugs!