Friday, June 12, 2015

the Color of Fun!

I have 2 posts today - to see my Guest Designer card for Craft Stamper Magazine, please scroll down a post, or click HERE.  Thanks!

Today is the day I can finally share some cards using some of the new releases from Simon's Color of Fun release!  I think this is one of their best releases; it includes TWELVE scrumptious new colors of ink, and beautiful new stamp sets and dies!  Heidi generously sent the Wednesday Blog team some of the new goodies, and here are the results of my playing.


supplies: Simon's Many Thanks stamp set, Simon inks: new Spring Rain, new Melon, Hydrangea, and Green Apple

This scribble flower set called Many Thanks was designed by WPlus9, and is so much fun to play with! I've come to the conclusion that there is no right or wrong way to use these stamps - just pick a pleasing color combination and stamp away!  The new colors I received were Melon and Spring Rain, and I mixed them with my old favorites Hydrangea and Green Apple today.  I used those colors for the main outlines of the flowers and the leaves, and then found some coordinating inks from my own ink collection that were a bit paler to fill in the colors on each flower.

Next up, the new die called Carousel Horse:



supplies: Simon Carousel Horse die, Simple Letter Outlines and Color and Sunshine stamp sets, Audrey Blue and Apple Green cardstock, washi tape, sequins, a scrap of Doodlebug swimming pool chevron sugar-coated cardstock

And my final card uses the new Birthday Circle die.  I have lots of summer birthdays, so I used some citrus colors again for this one:


supplies: Simon's Birthday Circle die, Green Apple cardstock, Diagonal Stripe stencil, new Melon ink, Big Birthday Wishes stamp set, Green Apple ink, moonshine and orange sequins

I inlaid the Birthday Circle into my stencilled background, and in so doing, I was able to rotate that inner circle for a little more interest.

So what do you think?  Which are your favorites from this new release?  Mine are the Big Scripty Greetings and the Game Tile Letters stamp sets and some more of those luscious inks: Hollyhock, Wisteria, Blue Jay, and Jelly Bean!

Don't forget that there's a fantastic Color of Fun Blog Hop going on starting today over at the Simon Says Stamp store blog - wait until you see the amazing inspiration there!  

10 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, Lin! Love all three cards! Your flowers turned out soooo pretty! And that carousel horse is so fun - fab colors! Lovin' that birthday card too! Nice work, my friend! ♥

Becca Cruger said...

Oh nooooooooo I am so worried about my wallet now because I think I *cough* neeeeeed *cough* some of these sets - especially that Many Thanks set. Ah-mazing, bright, fun cards.

Dotty Jo said...

I really am going to try and resist buying everything I've just seen... honest! Jo x

Deepti said...

These are fabulous, they shout happy and summers :)

Lisa Elton said...

A fantastic trio Lin!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love them all, Lin. The first one is my favorite though. Love those flowers!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh what gorgeous and fun cards, Lin! Love seeing what you created with goodies from this fab new release!

Pam said...

Fabulous cards, Lin!

Dara Lynn said...

Beautiful cards!!!!! Love the inlay die cuts too :) My favorite is the Big Scripty Sayings...perfect for any occassion!

Dawn T said...

totally beautiful Lin. Some wonderful stamp sets.