Monday, June 15, 2015

They DO Make me Smile!

Over the weekend I went out and cut 2 of my favorite roses.


Please meet Sir Walter Raleigh and Julia Child!  The more I looked at their beautiful colors, the more I wanted to try and duplicate them.  Here's what resulted:


supplies: Wplus9's Watercolored Anemones, Hero Arts Made with Love, inks below, Simon's Stitched Rectangle die

These are actually anemones, but they can kind of look like simple roses, too.  Most of these inks are also Wplus9 colors:Little Piggy and Sweet Nectar for the pink, Wild Mango accents for the yellow.  Others used: Ranger's Lemon Twist for the yellow base, Hero Arts Orange Soda for the flower centers, and mowed lawn distress ink for the leaves.  I think they are pretty spot on, don't you think?

7 comments:

Cathy P said...

Just beautiful! Love the way you used your inspiration!

Barb said...

STUNNING!!! The roses and your card! Love them both, Lin! ♥

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous flowers!! You sure captured their beautiful colours on your card Lin! Yes! Spot ON!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Lin, you have truly honored Sir Walter and Julia! What stunning roses, and what a beautiful card! I used to have a most amazing rose bush when we lived in New Jersey (many years ago). I would trim that bush down to the nub before winter, and it would grow enormous and produce the most luscious peachy roses ever! I miss roses here in South Florida. So thanks for sharing yours today! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous interpretation of your beautiful roses!!

Dawn T said...

a very pretty card. Love the pink and yellow together. Your roses are pretty too.

Paula said...

beautiful roses; they remind me of my grandmother's garden which had aboutt 40 rosebushes at any given time, The smell brings back so many memories.