Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Simon Says........Anything Goes!

Happy Wednesday - welcome to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

wed-newchallenge-header



As always at the end of each month, our theme is Anything Goes, and this week the team is showcasing Crafters Companion products.  I chose a lovely embossing folder to play with, and made 2 cards today.

Since it's officially Fall, I used some autumnal colors for my first card.


supplies: 2 oranges, dark chocolate, sunshine, and green leaf cardstock, Floral Fusion 3D embossing folder, MFT Stitched Blooms dies, Tammy Tutterow sentiment, embossed in gold

I taped the 2 orange cardstocks together and sized them for an A2 card before running them through the embossing folder.  Then I covered up the seam with a strip of chocolate, and added my die-cut flower and leaves.

Next, an easy card that will work for many occasions.


supplies: white and the mid-tone of a (retired) Hero Arts Pool layering paper, Crafter's Companion Floral Fusion 3D embossing folder, Simon Tiny Words Faith sentiment and Leanna butterfly die

I trimmed a panel of this minty aqua cardstock before inserting it into the embossing folder.  Because this cardstock has a white core, I was then able to sand the front and bring out the lovely details of the florals.  Then I simply framed it in white  and attached it to a card of the same color, adding a favorite butterfly die and a sentiment. 

The CC embossing folders are a big 5 x 7, so by moving your paper around to different areas each time, you'll get a slightly different result.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate 

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  

6 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) the embossed design is so pretty and I love both colourways, beautiful :-)

Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Cindy C. said...

wow these embossed backgrounds look fabulous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love what you did with that lovely embossing folder, Lin! Especially love the two tones of it with the flowers!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Lin - love the embossing you have done, and the effects you have achieved with the two colours and the sanding. The blue card in particular is fabulous to me
Blessings
Maxine

Sharon Underwood said...

I absolutely love those backgrounds! I think I need that embossing folder...thanks for enabling! Lol

Dawn T said...

What a stunning embossing folder Lin. The chocolate card is so amazing. It looks incredible. And the aqua one is just as beautiful.