Sunday, October 13, 2019

Golden Days

Hi friends!  Can you stand another fall card?

I saw this stencil being used by Shari Carroll a while back and thought it made an interesting background.  Here's my first card with it.


supplies: white, rust, and Dark Chocolate cardstock, Tim Holtz String stencil, carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon, mustard seed, and barn door distress inks, blending brushes, sentiment from (retired) The Craft's Meow Golden Days, Impression Obsession leaf die, adhesive foam to lift leaves

Doesn't this stencil have all kinds of fun possibilities?  I also used my new Taylored Expressions blending brushes to blend these inks, and I'm in love!  The same inks were used to color a scrap of white cardstock before I cut out the leaves from it.  

Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful! The colours are great...
Ilse (thera)

Arlene said...

What a great sentiment. I love the leaves and colors. What a beauty!

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful background. The colours are really gorgeous. All in all a beautiful Autumn card.

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Lin, just love what you did with that string stencil; it looks amazing with the fall leaves!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking card Lin - love that stencil and how you have used it. I love those brushes for stencil work!
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

Such a beauty Lin!

I Card Everyone said...

Lin, I don't have that stencil, but I have a background stamp that would do these colors justice - thanks for the inspiration! xx
Your piece is GORGEOUS!!
=]