Thursday, October 17, 2019

Hello Fall

Hi friends!  I think I mentioned recently that I have my autumn craft supplies all in a big bin.  I even save scrap die-cuts that haven't been used, and those were the main ingredients for today's card.  I'm not ready to sail into Christmas mode just yet, so here's another fall card.


supplies: Desert Storm, kraft, Green Leaf, chocolate, various oranges and yellows and a gold foil cardstock, board background dp, various scraps from Neat and Tangled (retired) Maple Leaf die, The Greetery Botanicuts Sunflower dies, sentiment from Sugar Pea Designs Fall Fox, copper sequins

I have no idea why this maple leaf die was discontinued, but I am so glad I got one before it was!  It is 2 parts, a maple leaf shape, and another one that gives you the veining details.  You can see all kinds of incarnations of it here - just the skeleton outline, paper-pieced, and using both the shape and the outline together.  They do have a similar one in a birch leaf shape HERE, if you're interested.  I was originally going to put this arrangement over a more natural plank design paper, but I really love  turquoise with these fall colors better.  

As I was linking my supplies, I noticed that this Fall Fox set is also on the cutting block.  So I thought I'd make another card using just that set.  I should rename this post "Retired"!  I suppose it's inevitable, what with monthly releases from so many companies......


supplies: white cardstock, Sugar Pea Designs Fall Fox, Nuvo Creative Pens to color, tumbled glass, mustard seed, and spiced marmalade distress inks, sponged on with the AMAZING Taylored Expressions blender brushes, Simon's (retired) Small Forest Tree die, MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle die

I am no colorist, but once in awhile I enjoy coloring up some images, as long as they're not too large - this set fit the bill!

Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I love fall cards, and these are fantastic.

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful cards Lin! I like the warm country feel of your first one and the darling scene on the second!

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful Fall cards Lin. Here is NZ we don't get much of changes in colour of leaves as you guys do, so I love seeing all the wonderful autumn colours in your cards.

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely cards Lin - the maple leaf card is stunning, and the wee foxes so sweet, and beautifully coloured!
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two yummy fall cards, Lin! Especially love the leaf bouquet on that teal wood board background!!