Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Spellbinders Past Large Dies of the Month

Generous Spellbinders sent me some past Large Dies of the Month from this year, and had a fun play with 2 different sets!  I have 3 cards today

The first set is the June 2019 Large Dies of the Month.  This is a fantastic set, enabling you to make interactive wreath slider cards all year long!  There are flowers, stars, Easter motifs, clovers for St. Pat's day, hearts, balloons, and snowflakes!  I chose to make a sparkly Christmas card with the snowflakes.


supplies: white cardstock, silver, aqua, and 2 blue glitter cardstock, Festive Wreaths Slider Card Die of the Month kit, a snowflake embossing folder, sentiments from Tim Holtz and Hero Arts, sequins to match, hand-dyed seam binding

Here's a closer look at the wreath.


The card gives you dies to construct your slider card so that you pull out an inner tab to make the wreath fold upwards and reveal another sentiment.


Genius!  I watched THIS video to see how to put everything together.  I can't wait to make more of these using the other dies included for so many occasions!

My next set was January's Large Die of the Month, and I made 2 cards with the set.


supplies: ivory, Audrey Blue, Orange Peel, Sunshine, Lipstick Red, Green Apple, and kraft cardstock, Cherish Large Die of the Month, Hemstitch Rectangle die, sentiment from Tammy Tutterow Tiny Sentiments, enamel dots for flower centers

Isn't this set charming?  Here's another card using different dies from the same set.


supplies: mint and pink cardstock, floral dp, Spellbinders Cherish Large Die of the Month and Floral embossing folder

These dies are so romantic that I decided to use a sweet floral patterned paper along with them.  I like the mint/pink combination!  And I paired them with this embossing folder for some more interest, since my design is fairly simple.  

As always, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards Lin, looks like you had fun playing with the dies.

Cindy C. said...

All so beautiful!!

Sue McRae said...

Wonderful group of cards Lin! Love the elegant snowflake card and what a fun surprise that it turns into a slider!

McStamper said...

Love your beautiful wreath card. You caused me to go and order the die :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties, Lin! Just love your snowflake wreath on card one & bonus that it's a slider! Enabler you, I just bought that set - thanks for the inspiration!! I also finally broke down and got the hemstitched rectangles which you've used so beautifully. Just love the sweet flower bundle on card two and the gorgeous heart (I resisted buying that one - LOL) on card three!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are terrific Lin! Your fall bouquet is especially sweet!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Lin - you have really made those dies your own with these fabulous designs, especially the Christmas card using the slider die set!
Blessings
Maxine