Friday, July 24, 2020

Simon's August Card Kit: Picnic Parade

I have 2 cards today using supplies in the new August Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp.

For the first, I used just the papers and 1 of the stickers.


supplies: white cardstock, patterned papers from Doodlebug Bar-B-Cute pad, Bar-B-Cute sticker, Simon Stitched Circle die

I had a sketch in mind that uses 3 different patterned panels and some of the stripes on the reverse of 1 of the papers.  So I just chose a sticker (there are SO many fun ones!), placed it on a circle die-cut, then chose and trimmed my patterned panels and stripes and added the sticker circle. 

For my 2nd card, I used the large stamp set in the kit, plus a few of my own supplies.



supplies: white cardstock, Bar-B-Cute blue dotty dp, sun, rays, cloud, and sentiment from Hello Sunshine, mustard seed distress ink and oxide ink, a heart from Ant Picnic Parade sprinkle set, my own sunray stencil and a wonky rectangle die

I stamped the circle and sun rays, then the sentiment, and trimmed out my panel.  I clear embossed the smallest cloud on patterned paper, cut it out and added it to the panel, which had been centered on a stencilled sunray design.

Here's the whole kit, perfect for summer!  I'm especially loving the slimline envelopes!



3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two darling cards, Lin! Amazing what you can do with some patterned papers and a sticker - love it!! And what a dazzling sunshine card - love the bright colors and the rays!!

Lisa Elton said...

Everything about both of these oozes SUMMER! I'm particularly fond of the polka dot cloud!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love these DB papers and I'll have to look at the SSS stamp set!