Thursday, July 23, 2020

Brown-eyed Susans and Julia Child!

The latest release from the Greetery is a home run!  I chose several of the new multi-step stamp sets and matching dies and will be sharing some cards using them going forward.  Here's my first one.


supplies: white and Sea Glass cardstock, The Greetery Sprinkle Kindness watering can stamps and matching die, Budding Beauties Summer flower stamps and matching die, Altenew mini inks, Paper Smooches Fab Frames die, adhesive foam 

I stamped the watering can in Sea Shore inks with final details in Silver Stone, and made the daisies into Black-eyed Susans, since they're blooming now in our garden.  I arranged everything on top of a Fancy Frame, then used some Press 'n' Seal to hold them still while I attached some foam squares on the reverse.  Then I placed the panel on my card base.

This pale aqua and yellow combination makes me feel cooler just looking at it.  

While we're in a yellow-flower mood, here's a picture of just one sprig of Julia Child roses that I rescued yesterday from the Japanese beetles.


If that doesn't brighten your day, I don't know what will!  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Lori B said...

I bought the same stamps from the Greetery's new release. Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

Debbie said...

What a happy card! My order comes today and I can't wait to get. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely summer card Lin and your real roses are beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - just love that watering can image! Love how you filled it too!! And oh my goodness, what gorgeous yellow roses, Lin - I can see why you love them so!!

I Card Everyone said...

I think those supplies were meant for you, Lin! Just beautiful!
Such lovely yellow roses - said with my very best Julia Child impression: The Japanese beetles are making a meal of my Basil! I could smash them with my Wok!
=]

JoAnn said...

Lovely card with those pretty flowers. Your yellow roses are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.