Monday, July 13, 2020

3 Wreath Cards

I've been trying to use supplies that have seen little action, and came across this PinkFresh Studio Floral Elements clear set.  It's a big one, with a lovely floral wreath (HERE is a card using it) as the main element, but there are also 11 much smaller floral stamps in this set.  I decided to stamp and color up most of them and see what I could do with them as a starting point.

Turns out I like them to dress up wreath dies.  Here are my results.


supplies: white, black and green cardstock,  MFT (retired) Spring Wreath die, Floral Elements and matching dies, Memory Box Big and Little Words, Tim Holtz (retired) Doily embossing folder

It's such a shame that this doily embossing folder has been discontinued - I love the subtle effect it has to make a lovely frame around something on the smaller side like this wreath die. BUT, if you have a doily die, you could emboss it for the same effect!

I always like a wreath against planking, so that's where card #2 went.


supplies: white and kraft cardstock, Craft Consortium Wood Textures plank dp, Tim Holtz Funky Wreath die, Floral Elements and matching dies, Memory Box Big and Little Words 

This grapevine wreath cut from kraft and the planked background gives this a bit of a masculine look.

This last card is definitely not masculine!


supplies: white, dark green, and pink cardstock, Sunny Studio Eyelet Frilly Frame cover dies, Tim Holtz Funky Wreath, MFT (retired) bow die from Spring Wreath set, Floral Elements and matching dies, Memory Box Big and Little Words

The wreath I used on this one is from the same Tim Holtz Funky Wreath set, except it has leaves, so I cut it in green again.  And I added a little die-cut bow to the mix on this one.

I had a fun couple of days putting these together - do you have a favorite?

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beautiful wreath cards, Lin!! Love them all but my fave is the pink one with that fancy eyelet frame - so gorgeous!!

Cat Craig said...

you can rarely go wrong with a wreath card. All three are fabulous, Lin.

Lisa Elton said...

Your wreaths are beautiful Lin! I thought that was a paper doily, what a great embossing folder!

kiwimeskreations said...

All three are exquisite Lin - I think the wreath against the planks is my favourite - by a whisker, or should that be a wreath??
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

All of these are fantastic Lin but have to say the first one with the embossed background is my favourite.

I Card Everyone said...

All so pretty, Lin!
=]

Cindy C. said...

All three wreaths so pretty!!