Monday, September 14, 2020

Mighty Oak

More cards for the season - oaks were my Dad's favorite tree in the autumn; he liked the duller colors.  These oak dies are another new Botanicuts release from The Greetery.  They're a nice size, not too big, so there's plenty of room for a sentiment, as you'll see in my 2nd card.


supplies: white (to stamp pitcher) and kraft (under shiplap) cardstock, solid dps from an Authentique 2012 paper pad, The Greetery Pitcher-esque layering stamps, Ship Lap and Mighty Oak dies, sentiment from (retired) Sugar Pea Designs Fall Fox

Isn't that ship-lap die amazing?  It has woodgrain markings in it, as well as little "nail" cutouts.  I layered my individual boards over a panel of kraft cardstock to get the nails to be more noticeable.   I added a darker brown shelf to hold my pitcher.  Here I just arranged the leaves in my pitcher with some bare branches, adding some acorns and an extra leaf as if they'd fallen out.

For this next card, I used the full branch.

supplies: Lipstick Red, Schoolhouse Red, Burnt Orange, kraft and cream cardstock, The Greetery Mighty Oak Botanicuts, Changing Seasons embossing folder, sentiment from (retired) Newton's Nook Fall-ing for You

This spray of oak leaves was fun and easy to put together - I used colored cardstocks to make it even easier!  I cut a couple extra of the smallest leaves to have them fluttering down and to balance out the sentiment in the corner.  

Thanks for stopping by - is it feeling like fall where you live?

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous leafy cards, Lin!! Just love the bouquet in the jug atop the shiplap on card one and the falling leaves on card two! Cool sentiment too!!

Bunny said...

Two lovely cards. I love the leaves and the pitcher and the sentiment. Great embossing, too.

NO, it doesn't even feel close to fall. Ugh!. The hurricane season has been bad. We are so hoping for cooler weather not just because we love it but we need the ocean to cool down because of the warm waters feed those hurricanes. [Bunny]

Lisa Elton said...

This is a double dose of pretty!

Dawn T said...

two stunning Fall cards Lin. The leaves are perfect.

I Card Everyone said...

Just so I don't forget, let me start by loving your Bittersweet wreath!
LOve the shiplap, the colors and pitcher full of these beautiful oak leaves, Lin! BUT you totally had me at the embossing... wow! Now don't we all wish Oak leaves came in these gorgeous colors?
=]