Friday, October 14, 2022

Boughs & Holly

 Concord and 9th brought out another set of layering stencils, this time for Christmas, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on them!  Here are 4 cards resulting from my first play with them.  


supplies: white and Lipstick Red cardstock, Concord & 9th Boughs & Holly wreath stencils, twisted citron, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness, abandoned coral, and festive berries distress inks, (retired) Winnie & Walter In a Word Merry die, My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, micro dot adhesive

On card #2, I attached my sentiment to a vellum circle


supplies: white,, dusty pink, and Audrey Blue card, vellum, Concord & 9th Boughs & Holly Wreath stencils, Sea Shore, and Floral pink inks, Penny Black Joy to the World die, Lawn Fawn Fancy Scalloped Rectangle die, 2 shades of pink pearls, micro dot adhesive

On my next card I stamped a sentiment in the center and cut it out, then popped it above a snowflake background.  


supplies: white card, Concord & 9th Boughs & Holly Wreath stencils, twisted citron, evergreen bough, rustic wilderness, abandoned coral and candied apple distress inks, (retired) Simon Merry & Bright sentiment, (retired) snowflake embossing folder, adhesive foam to raise wreath, enamel dots to match

There are 2 different designs in this stencil pack - I preferred the wreath which I used above, but here is the other design which, after finishing, is quite growing on me!  You just need to find a sentiment that will fit in the 3 areas that it creates, or use a really large sentiment to cover that area.  Here I used an old set of Tim Holtz sentiment dies.

supplies: white and Lipstick Red card, Concord & 9th Boughs & Holly background stencils, same ink colors as card #1, Tim Holtz Holiday Words dies, Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangle die, red pearls, micro dot adhesive

These stencils fall into the turnabout category because you use each of 3 stencils twice, turning it 180 degrees to complete each area of the design.  As someone who is not skilled at coloring with markers, I much prefer these stencil or stamp turnabouts!  The fun is all about choosing ink colors!

Thanks for sticking with me for my long post today!

6 comments:

Cindy C. said...

All so delightful!

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is as lovely as the next!

kiwimeskreations said...

Four delightful cards Lin. You really do make the most of the stencils
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous set, Lin! I thought my fave was the wreath atop the snowflakes, then I spotted the final card. That deconstructed look really caught my eye - so fun!!

Greta said...

I adore wreaths & so far can't convince myself I have enough--haha! Love seeing these stencils in action, Lin! Really love the colors of the 3rd card & the last one is a fun design, too! You're making me put these on my wishlist!

Pam Sparks said...

ALL wonderful Lin!!!