Saturday, October 8, 2022

Simon Hurley's Christmas Collection

 Simon Hurley has a new Joyful Christmas collection at Spellbinders!  I was fortunate to get a couple of his designs, and I have 2 cards for you today using some of them.

First up, a die set called Floral Stag and a glimmer sentiment set.



After cutting out at least 2 of each of the florals, plus the deer and his details, I first pieced what needed to be put together, (the deer, poinsettias, mistletoe, and holly branches), then arranged everything as you see.  Thank goodness for Press 'n Seal to hold everything together while I secured it all on the back before adding the whole arrangement to my card front.  

Here's my 2nd card using a new striped die and another of the Joyful Christmas glimmer plate sentiments.


supplies: white, Schoolhouse Red, and Peacock Teal cardstock, Simon Hurley Candy Stripes die, pine sprig from Floral Stag, and reverse foiled sentiment from Joyful Christmas Sentiments glimmer plates set, red glimmer foil, tiny red pearls

I cut out lots of the little pine sprigs and attached them to a skinny circle I cut using 2 circle dies.  I added a bow from my stash and some teensy red pearls, and lifted it above my Candy Striped background.  I foiled the sentiments - they came as one plate with a matching die, and then used the foil along with my solid oval glimmer plate to get a 2nd foiling in reverse.  (I was able to transfer 3 of the 5 sentiments using the oval plate - a rectangle one would do them all, but I don't have one yet.)

This Candy Stripe die will sure to become a staple, and the plus is that you can cut a 2nd one, reverse it, add it to the first, and you have a plaid background!

Congratulations to Simon Hurley for his fun collection!  And thanks to Spellbinders for sending these to me!

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous holiday cards with new Spellbinders, Lin! I spotted the Simon Hurley items and was especially drawn to that stag - magnifico! And I love your holiday greens & flowers with him!! Ooo, that candy cane stripe looks amazing too!

kiwimeskreations said...

A couple of great Christmas cards Lin - the foiled sentiments really give them a wonderful, classy finish
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Aren't they just gorgeous. I saw Simon demonstrating the collection and the products are so really fabulous. Love both your cards.