Friday, March 3, 2023

From the Scrap Basket

 I've collected 6" paper pads almost as long as I've been making cards, (it was a habit I got into when I quilted and collected fat quarters of fabric), and they took up lots of space in my craft room.  Recently my good friend and fellow cardmaker Mary Anne encouraged me to organize them.  I went through each little pad and ripped out patterns that still appealed to me, then threw away what was left.  It took me a good 4 days, but when I was finished, I had reduced and organized those papers into baskets holding papers I knew I would use.  And now I can find something lots faster than before!  I organized them into florals, dots, stripes, text, ginghams, plaids, hearts, and more.  I guess this is my version of spring cleaning!

There were some really lovely florals, so I chose one with a dark brown background, then found some dots and solids that would go with it.  I got 2 cards from this 6"square floral paper, with enough left to make another.  

Here's the first.


supplies: cream cardstock, unknown pink and green solids, a floral print, and a dot print, Tammy Tutterow/Crafters Edge Beautiful Succulents 3 flower dies, Tammy Tutterow/Spellbinders leaf from Pom Pom Posies, yellow button, Altenew Creative Edges Lace die, Honey Bee Bitty Buzzwords sentiment

Here's card #2, pulling out the yellows from the pattern this time.  


supplies: Cream and Green Apple cardstock, brown floral and a pale yellow tone on tone floral scrap, Simon Picnic Floral embossing folder, sentiment from (retired) Summer Garden, (retired) PTI daisy die, brown brad, Pretty Pink Posh leaves from Spring Foliage dies

I had lots of fun picking and choosing.  The embossing folder works nicely with the paper, as they both feature daisy-like flowers prominently.

Does this mean I'll never buy another paper pad?  I doubt it, but at least for now I'm going to try and use up what I have.  I encourage you to do some organizing, too!  

Thanks so much for visiting me today - enjoy your day!

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wonderful scraps that made two beautiful cards. Love them both but the 2nd one is my favorite. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty flowers, love the dimension! Your cards are charming!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the papers you've combined, Lin - that pom pon flower looks gorgeous and I love the yellow daisy too!