Friday, March 17, 2023

Mini Brushstroke Flowers

 I was intrigued by the new Mini Brushstroke Flowers from Tim Holtz; I love that he's giving us such pretty flowers to play with, and in a nice variety of sizes.  These are aptly named as they are definitely mini!  I made 2 cards: first I cut them out of white and watercolored them with distress inks before assembling.  


supplies: white cardstock, a floral patterned paper, Mini Brushstroke Flowers, worn lipstick and mowed lawn distress inks and water, Spellbinders Picoh Petite Ovals die, sentiment from (retired) Tammy Tutterow Tiny Sentiments, Doodlebug heart sprinkles

Next I cut them using colored cardstock.


supplies: cream cardstock, various blues,purples, greens, and yellows from Memory Box 6" paper pads, Mini Brushstroke Flowers dies, Spellbinders Hello Friend Sentiments hot foil plate,  gold foil, Wonderful Script Sentiment die

This time I cut all of the other flowers and leaves from 2 shades of each color, and then made a small and a larger arrangement with them before adding them to my card, along with my foiled sentiment.

These are pretty easy to construct because of the little guidelines incised into them, but they are small.  I was ready for a break when I'd finished this last card!

Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those are some sweet floral dies! Two charming cards, Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful die cuts, and exquisite cards Lin - love the pink toned one in particular.
Blessings
Maxine