Friday, June 28, 2024

Altenew June Inspiration Challenge

 I'm sneaking in at the last hour with my entry for this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge.  Those colors were my Mom's favorites, so how could I not play?


supplies: white cardstock, Altenew Beautiful Day flowers and leaves, Rose Petal, Green Meadows, kitsch flamingo and Picked raspberry inks, orange enamel dots, Four Petal Floral 3D embossing folder, Hexi Gems glimmer plate sentiment, Pink glimmer hot foil  adhesive foam squares

The Beautiful Day multi-step stamping set was among my first from Atenew; I love the big abundant flower it makes.  I thought the embossing behind it mimics it pretty well, too, so I could reinforce the  inspiration picture, which had lots of flowers in these colors.  And that orange is a nice addition to them - I used enamel dots for that color.

It just now occurred to me that maybe the reason I love embossed backgrounds is that it's like the quilting on a quilt - wonderful added texture!



4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think that was my first Altenew set too, Lin and I never tire of it! Beautifully done, your mom would have loved it!

Liz O. said...

Beautiful card Lin! The textured background is the perfect backdrop for the lovely blooms. Nicely done!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way your flowers echo the embossed background Lin - a beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Lin. Beautiful Day was one of my earliest Altenew stamps too! And still a big favourite. Love the embossed background.