Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Woodblock Wednesday

 Here's my entry for this month's Woodblock Wednesday at Amy's blog, heavily inspired by April's winner there, Dawn Turley.  She used one of the stamps in this set and built her card around it.  What I really liked was that she fussy-cut out the inner square around the flower.  I never in a million years would have thought of that idea on my own!  


supplies: white and Audrey Blue cardstock, Hero Arts PEEKING POSIES set from 2006, Tammy Tutterow (retired) sentiment from Maker's Movement Sweet Petite Sentiments, adhesive foam squares


The original idea was to make a grid card, using 3 of these flowers with a sentiment in the 4th quadrant, but because the blocks are not quite square, when I turned them to stamp, the squares did not line up nicely as I'd planned.  I didn't let that deter me, however, and just went with the flow. After cutting out the inner squares, I popped the panel above a slightly larger piece of aqua cardstock, then onto my A2 card base that had been chopped at the bottom to accommodate these sizes.

Thank you so much, Dawn, for this fun idea - I enjoyed making my card, and putting these oldies to use once again!  

Since woodblock stamps are how most of us began stamping, I think it's genius that Amy gives us a forum for bringing back these beauties!    I hope you'll play along, too - you can find more information HERE.


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty! Great job with the fussy cutting!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Lin - love your CASE of Dawn's card. The aqua background is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

so happy to inspire you Lin. You have made a stunning design. It is fun to give our older wood stamps some love.

Diane said...

Oh wow, a beautiful card and a clever idea to fussy cut it, such pretty colors too! Don't forget to add it to the challenge as I didn't see it there when I entered mine!!