Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bluebells and hummingbird


This time I started with a piece of blue polished stone from my scrap basket, and stamped the Silhouette Bells on it in VersaMark, then heat embossed it in white. I colored the leaves and stems in with a green marker. Then I layered this onto a piece of white cardstock that I had punched with a Martha Steward doily lace punch, adding the gingham ribbon and a tiny tag for the sentiment, and pop-dotting a hummingbird stamped on the same blue polished stone background. Then everything was centered on a blue card.

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps: CG165 Silhouette Bells, CL383 Antique Engravings (hummingbird), CL272 All Occasion Messages

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Another stunning card, Lin! The blue paper is a perfect starting point, I just love the result.

Vanessa said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, Lin! Love your bluebells!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is gorgeous!!! So magical looking and your signature color, lovely Lin!

donna mikasa said...

Love the watercolored effect--so pretty!

Alice said...

the blue in this is so beautiful Lin! very elegant card!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. The colors and flowers makes me think of spring as I look out my window at snow. Happy holidays.

Jacqueline said...

SO pretty! I actually just love the watercolor effect this has!
Happy New Year to you my friend, so hope you enjoyed your Christmas at Liam's house!

Jill said...

This is just soooo pretty! I love your creations with this stamp, Lin! Great technique!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful and dreamy! The marker worked over the alcohol inks. I have never tried that. Thanks for the tip!