Friday, December 4, 2009

Forget-Me-Not



Card made for the Flourishes Floral Finesse Challenge. We are to use a favorite flower as the inspiration for our card or color scheme. This Hero Arts Sweet Fleur stamp has always looked to me like a Forget-me-not, so I ran with that idea, using blues and greens. It is stamped on glossy photo paper, then watercolored using markers. The sentiment is a Paper Inspirations stamp. I added little blue pearls along the punched lace edge, and gold gems in the centers of the flowers.

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

What a delicate-looking card with great balance, design and colors! I think you picked the perfect stamp for the challenge as it has your signature style all over it. Looks like a winner to me !!

Tracey said...

This screams "Lin" to me!!! So pretty and calm!

Alice said...

so beautiful!! such pretty and refreshing colors! I love this, Lin!

Jacqueline said...

I remember this one Lin, it is so pretty and soft, such delicate flowers and with the lace border it is a real Lin card - love it!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

So beautiful ,Lin! The colors are soft and pretty too!

Julie Koerber said...

oooOOOOOOO! Lin, I love this card and the sweet design you used! I love Lillies of the Valley too -- a favorite sweet smelling flower of mine too! :-) Thanks so much for playing!

Sue McRae said...

So pretty Lin! Love the mix of the lace border with the dots and gingham!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh Lin, really LOVE the soft baby blue on this and then you added that bolder, darker green, looks great!

Suzanne C said...

I love how you use this stamp. I have been tempted so many times to purchase it everytime you create something with it! Lovely card and beautiful design.