Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Simon Says.........Embossing



Hello, and welcome to another Wednesday challenge for Simon Says Stamp!  


This week our theme is Embossing, either wet or dry, and the DT are using Cuttlebug or Sizzix products in our creations. With all of the beautiful embossing folders that we have to choose from, it is one of my favorite things to use on my cards.  I made 3 cards for you today, all using embossing folders.

Here's my first card today, using faux letterpress.  I inked the front of the embossing folder before putting my paper inside, and that gives a greater definition to the embossing.


supplies: cream cardstock, Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Poppy folder and strip, butter bar mid-tone ink, Ali Edwards Bring on the Sun sentiment

For my 2nd card, and still in the mood for yellow, I let the embossing folder be the star of the show, just adding a sentiment, some flowers and pearls.  I love how this one turned out:


supplies: cream, yellow, and green cardstock, Sizzix Ornate Frames folder, The Craft's Meow Side by Side, Die-Namics large and mini rolled roses, Wplus9 Folk Art Florals leaf die, yellow pearls

I'd like to enter this 2nd card into the Flourishes Make a Good Impression challenge.

And for my 3rd card, I used a technique I learned from Lisa Spangler, embossing over washi tape and stamping.


supplies: white cardstock, assorted washi tapes, Sizzix Vines folder, Penny Black flutters buterfly die, Ali Edwards So Very Thankful (thank you, Lisa!), picked raspberry distress ink


Our sweet Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher for the random winner of our challenge.

50dollar_voucher_600px

There are so many Embossing folders in the Simon Says Stamp Store, which would you choose if you won?

19 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) all of them are fabulous but I especially love the last one with washi tape,,, will have to give that a go :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Laura Sterckx said...

Oh wow, Lin! I love all three of the cards! I love the bright yellow on the first two and the fun color scheme is so fun on the third card! :)

Maria V. said...

Beautiful cards! I love to learn new ways of using supplies I already have. Thanks for showing new ways to use embossing folders!

Lisa Elton said...

Wozers Lin what a pretty trio of cards! My SIL was telling me just the other day about the technique you've used on your first card. Sweet little polka dot roses on the second and the third is darling!

Heather said...

All beautiful cards Lin, stunning colours and embossing of the first, such pretty flowers the second and gorgeous colours and details on the final one!!

hugs
Heather xx

Barb Ghig said...

All 3 are absolutely GORGEOUS, Lin! I love how your cards always have such a lovely, feminine touch with stunning color combinations and exquisite details! Thanks so much for your inspiration...seriously!

Congrats on your pub in Create: Stamping...well done!!!

Brenda said...

Stunning work Lin! Gosh that 2nd card....I'm drooling! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love your first card. The poppy embossing is adorable, very sunny and cheerful!

Pam from Maine said...

All such great ideas and your end results are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Dawn T said...

what an amazing set of cards. Love the middle embossing folder Lin.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and beautiful cards.
luv
Debby

Maureen Morton said...

OH, my! You've outdone yourself this time, Lin. Three beauties....all so different and wonderful. Can't say I have a favorite, each is so unique and lovely.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! 3 lovely cards!! I love the resist you did on the first and yellow is such a happy color :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love all your gorgeous cards, Lin - especially the one with the yummy rolled roses! I just love the faux letterpress look too!!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! All of the embossing is fabulous!!

hugs...

stampingbowd said...

You did a gorgeous job on the faux letterpress! I have tried to do this technique and it's HARD! My first attempt that worked (sort of) was also in yellow so I think yours caught my eye right off because of that! :)

Lucille K said...

All 3 cards are so nice, Lin. I absolutely love the anniversary card :)

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, beautiful cards Lin x

Deborah Anton said...

Wonderful embossed cards! All so fabulous! Thanks for joining us at the Timeless Tuesday Challenge!