Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Simon Says........Animal Antics

.......or Blue Birds of Happiness :))


Happy Wednesday and welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!  


This week the Design Team are playing with Lawn Fawn or The Craft's Meow stamps, and our theme is Animal Antics!  Can't wait to see our gallery fill up with fun designs! I've gone to the birds this week and have 2 cards for you:


My first card uses a The Craft's Meow set called Lovely Birds.  I used just a few of the elements, and put together this cute little bird bath scene, using some older My Mind's Eye design papers, a doily, and a gingham ribbon from my stash.


This is a darling set by Lawn Fawn called Home Sweet Home.  I decided to make a little birdhouse community, since there are 3 birdhouses in this set, and everything else to build a scene.  In order to use all 3 birdhouses, I chose to make this long narrow card which measures 3 3/4" X 8 1/2", and easily fits into a standard business envelope for easy mailing.  After stamping and coloring all the elements with Spectrum Noir markers, I sponged on a sky using tumbled glass distress ink and a finger sponge, mounted my panel to a kraft card base, and then popped a few extra flowers (from Lawn Fawn's Flutter By set) and leaves.

Again, Heidi has provided us with another $50.00 gift voucher:



22 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

When I saw these dear bird cards, I actually said "Awe......." out loud. Hubby thought I was nuts, but then he married me! Anyway, these are seriously cute and great inspiration for the new challenge. You've started my day with a happy heart, Lin.

Jingle said...

These are great! I am so jealous of your gorgeous paper combination and the beautiful gingham ribbon on that first card! That is hard for me to do!

Jackie said...

Those are adorable. I love those little bird houses.

Sue McRae said...

Both these cards are so delightful and happy Lin! They made my day a little brighter.

Laura Sterckx said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin! I love all the birds you used on both cards! The patterned papers look great on the first card, and the gorgeous ribbon too! And I love the tall card! So pretty! I love all those flowers!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable cards Lin!! They both have those perfect Lin touches!!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin ,,, both are absolutely stunning and super cute :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Pam W Merwin said...

Such sweetness on both cards, Lin! Love your "bird house community" :) Looks like some really pretty homes!

Lisa Elton said...

Lin these are both just darling. But I am in love with your first one, it's as sweet as can be!

stampingandstitching said...

Aw Lin, both of these cards are absolutely adorable! Love the cute scenes you have created with all the wonderful details!

Ellen Taylor said...

Both cards are super sweet! Adorable images and perfect papers!!

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

Super cute, these cards would cheer anyone up =)

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Lin, I love the little bird houses,they look so sweet :) Cathy x

Lisa Carroll said...

So, so pretty, Lin! Both of them! Love the mix of patterns on the first, and the popped up flowers on the second. Your style is so soft and feminine! :)

joy said...

These are such sweet cards, Lin! I love the first one, but the second one is really cute, too!

Ann said...

Adorable cards and those birds are so sweet. By the way I am giving away a Prima Doll on my blog, stop by and check it out. Hugs

Heather said...

Both gorgeous cards Lin, fabulous designs all so such pretty, images and detailing!!

hugs
Heather xx

Dawn T said...

both of these are just beautiful Lin.

jintyoo7 said...

So pretty, love all the delightful detailing, Lin :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

WOW! TWO stunning cards, Lin! I really love the pop out effects you added :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Unknown said...

Very cute!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your gorgeous cards.
luv
Debby