Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's September!!

For me, as soon as I turn that calendar page, that's the unofficial start of autumn!  No matter that it's broiling here, I am already seeing tiny hints of leaves changing and the gardens going into their final flurry of blooms.  On Friday we went to a county fair that has been a tradition in my husband's family, and enjoyed all the harvest displays of pumpkins and gourds and sunflowers.  And of course I had to have a funnel cake - YUMM!

So in honor of the new season I used some new washi tapes to make a fall card.  As I was finishing it up I noticed that this Teddy who sits on my desk would make a great prop to go with it, and I have a little story about him, too.


You may recall that we visited Ireland and Scotland earlier this summer, and I was so lucky to be able to meet my Hero Arts flickr friend Heather Maria.  She took me on a walk all around Dublin and gave me a goodie bag with such thoughtful gifts, among them this Irish Fisherman Knit sweater that she knit for me, knowing that I'm a Teddy Bear collector.   In thinking about fall, one of my favorite things is wearing big snuggly sweaters like this one.  Thank you, Heather, once again - every time I look at this little guy with your sweater, I am transported back to your beautiful country!  It's one of my treasures!

supplies: Doodlebug Designs fall Washi tapes, and an unknown gold dot washi, assorted buttons, Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl embossing folder, sentiment from The Paper Company Studio Autumn stamp set, natural twine

Happy Fall, everyone!!

15 comments:

Jackie said...

I am SO looking forward to autumn weather, it's my favorite season. I love those washi tapes and your card is adorable!

adele holcomb said...

Beautiful card, Lin -- love the fall colors and the buttons! Mr. Bear is adorable in his sweater.

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful, vibrant card Lin!! I shall always remember you for your cards in the Autumn season!

judkajudi said...

Oh, I miss Ireland!! Love that sweater, what a sweet gift! Oh, and your card is awesome!!

maria f. said...

I'm with ya on this - so many blessings in the fall... changing leaves, cool days, the lovely color of the afternoon sun. TFS the teddy story too.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is lovely! I love the fall wash tape!

joy said...

Lovely autumn colors for this beautiful tribute to fall, Lin! Teddy is so cute in his sweater, too!

Lucille K said...

Oh Lin, You've transported me to my favorite season, Autumn, with this lovely card.

I too have been to Ireland, such a beautiful country. Love your little teddy and his beautiful sweater :)

mimijudy1975 said...


Lin,what a precious teddy in his handmade sweater. Heather Maria is a wonderful friend to be so thoughtful. it's a blessing you have these memories of your trip.
I love the fall colors of Washi tape and the pretty embossing folder you used.
Thank you so much for all you share.

Ann said...

Hi Lin, super cute card. I just bought the orange gingham washi and can't wait to use it. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Lin. The washi colours are lovely and the embossing looks likely.

jintyoo7 said...

LOVE all the autumnal tapes, Lin! Your teddy is the perfect prop too :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love everything about it: the embossing, the colors, the washi tapes, and the teddy bear!

~Shery

Maureen Morton said...

What a sweet story, Lin! And the card is super-cute. Great use of the tape and the texture. I'm ready for some pumpkin pie (one of the few things about fall that I LOVE). Hugs!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh what a fabulous card, Lin! It has such a wonderful autumn feel with the gorgeous mix of washi tapes and buttons! Sounds like you had a great time at the fair. I had to google funnel cake - it looks so yummy! I'm glad to see the little fella has settled in well in his new home:) It was wonderful getting to meet you and the weather today is just like it was that day we strolled around Dublin - no snuggly jumpers needed over here just yet!