Wednesday, September 18, 2013

STAMPtember® Blog Hop at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

If you're here to see my TCM card for our new September release at The Craft's Meow, please scroll down 1 post, or click HERE. Thank you!

Welcome to the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® Challenge Group Blog Hop!


Simon Says Stamp was founded in 2002 with an interest in exclusively selling rubber stamps. It didn’t take long until we realized we couldn’t stop there. During the past 11 years we celebrate rubber stamping in its full glory by giving access to people around the world to a one stop shop. Rubber stamps still remain the heart of our business and we are celebrating by hosting a “STAMPtember®” event intended to inspire, educate, and celebrate the greatness of rubber stamping. Part of the enticement of rubber stamping is that stamps can be used in creating or complimenting ANYTHING! From stamping dates on bank documents and postage parcels in the early 18th century, rubber stamping has dramatically expanded to include card making, life documenting, art journaling, scrapbooking, mixed media and many forms of altering and expressing art. 

To celebrate the 4th annual Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® event, we're 'hopping' along sharing some great projects featuring the new STAMPtember® product releases!
It's one of the biggest releases to date and features new stamp sets, dies, flair and stencils!!


My favorite new releases are the Flowers of Whimsey stamps and accompanying dies - I love that we can stamp or paper-piece with these stamps, or mix both!  AND I adore the font on the Handwritten Greetings set that Kristina Werner designed!!  Both these sets are at the top of my wishlist!

We're so excited that you are here to celebrate with us and hop along in this special challenge group blog hop.  Once you're done 'hopping' please head over to our Wednesday challenge group blog to participate in this weeks challenge: Celebrate STAMPtember® by using a Simon Says Stamp product on your project! ;)
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!


You should have arrived today from my teamie Cheiron's blog.

For my first card I used the new stamp sets Lots of Dots and Sketchy Banner Greetings stamp and die set.  I guess you could say I took the title "lots of dots" seriously!!


supplies: Hero Arts inks: Butter Bar, Poppy, Orange Soda, Mint, Tide Pool, Splash, Wet Cement, and Latte, Darice Simple Interlock embossing folder, sequins, Pool Layering Paper

ETA: I'd like to enter these first  two cards into the MFW Handmade Cards Week Color Media Challenge, as they both use lots of colored inks.  

While I had these 2 new sets on my desk, I also played around a bit more and made a little square card with a berry wreath, using the smallest of the solid dots, and several of the sentiments, to make an autumn birthday card.  I also added some enamel dots for extra dimension:



supplies: Lots of DotsSketchy Banner Greetings die and stamp set, distress inks: mustard seed, scattered straw, wild honey, orange marmalade, rusty hinge, barn door, fired brick, seedless preserves, twine bow, enamel dots

I love plaid, and for my last card I decided to make my own in fall colors.  Having lots of stripes thanks to several Simon exclusive sets, I was able to customize my plaid.   I used the double bold stripe and the dainty scallop from the new Nautical Borders, and made my tag from Tag Sayings.


other supplies: Simon exclusives Just a Love Note (striped stripe) and Cupcake Party (solid/dotted stripe), inks: Hero Arts Poppy and Orange Soda, and rusty hinge and vintage photo distress inks, twine, orange button, brown pearls

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! The next stop is my talented teammate Mandy!

The hop begins at the newly designed Simon Says Stamp blog, so if you encounter any broken links while hopping you can head back there for a full list of participants.
The Simon blog has a new address and a new look, with all the great inspiration you've come to love and expect from Simon Says Stamp! :)

Happy Hopping!! ;-)



74 comments:

Jingle said...

These are fantastic! Great cards!

adele holcomb said...

Wonderful cards, Lin! I just ordered the banners -- now I see I need the dots too after seeing your creative uses for them!

KT Fit Kitty said...

They are all great but I really love the first one with all the circles - what a clever idea!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Lin :-) I LOVE how you used the lots of dots stamp set !! such a wonderful inspiration and I love the autumn plaid too ,,, gorgeous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

deesdesigns said...

Well, I sure can't pick a favorite - they're all just wonderful but I'm drawn to your first card with all of the circles, love the color palette. Thanks for the inspiration!

LauraEva said...

wow---those are all fantastic! Hard to say which is my fave!

Laura Sterckx said...

These three cards look fabulous! I love all the dots on and the embossing on the first card, and it is so smart to create a wreath with the stamp set on the second card! I love the plaid pattern on the third card! :)

Scrapthat said...

GREAT work! TFS

Unknown said...

WOW LIN!!! WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Absolutely INCREDIBLE projects. LOVE them all so much! :) You did an AMAZING job with the lots of dots stamp set. Blows me away!!!

Mandy said...

Love your cards Lin they are all gorgeous :)
hgs Mandy xx

MiamiKel said...

I'm officially IN LOVE!!!! Your cards just literally made me squeal! What absolutely gorgeous cards, your creative vision is admirable and made me drool! TFS! Blessings :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin! I love the pretty autumn palette you went with!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous cards..

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love all 3 cards, Lin. I think the 1st one is my fav. Love the banners with the dots! Great work, as always!

Barb said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! Awesome cards, Lin! I love each one! You used the Lots of Dots so beautifully on both those cards and your plaid looks amazing in those gorgeous, autumn colors!

Jackie said...

Those are gorgeous and I love the autumnal colors.

Barb said...

Love all the cards and the September releases.that circle set is the bomb!

Heather said...

All gorgeous card Lin, I fell in love your Lots & Dots!! A fabulous design and composition of wonderful colours schems!!!

hugs
Heather xx

diana said...

Great cards! TFS ;-)

Mervi said...

Hi Lin, fabulous cards!
Happy hopping celebration;-))m

Tentaciones de Papel said...

Wow... they are beautiful cards!!!! I think I need to go shopping!!!! hahahaha

slang said...

The wreath is adorable and to think it is just circles. Great Idea - case time . . .

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful, love the embossing on your first one mostly, it is so elegant. xxx

Karen Petitt said...

All of these are fab but for me I love that dotty wreath - definitely something to try with the stamps that I own - a fabulous idea - TFS and for the blop hop x

Unknown said...

I need to quit putting it off and buy the many circles stamp set i love it! Love the ideas you had! Great card!

joy said...

Triple kudos to you, Lin! Love each one - such creative use of all the stamp sets!

Hussena said...

Such beautiful cards ..my fave is the one with the wreath ..Such gorgeous color's and design !

ionabunny said...

Glad you went dotty. Fab makes

Lisa Elton said...

Lin these are are just delightful! Love the pretty mix of fall and fun. Love the sweet wreath on your second card!!

Leslie Hanna said...

Love the wreath! I'm still pretty sure I don't have the patience to stamp all those dots, though. :)

Pippa67 said...

Beautifull cards Lin. Love the one with all the dots.

Kristen said...

Absolutely delightful cards!!!

LauraJane:) said...

Lin, your cards using the DOTS are simply splendid! I LOVE the wreath:)

Стокли said...

Both "lots of dots" cards look fabulous!

Unknown said...

Love the dots!!!

Chark said...

I love your dots! great designs!

Aida said...

I am just loving those Dots! Too cute. Thanks for sharing and the chance!

Amber Sheaves said...

I love all the circles and dots on that first card!!!

Diane said...

Love all your cards, but my favorite is the first one. Thanks for sharing.

Andrea Garland said...

Fabulous cards my favorite the 2nd one you can chance the colors and made christmas door wreaths :)

Sheri said...

Oh my goodness! You rocked the dot stamp. Now I need it. And I want to play around with creating some plaids too. Thanks so much!

Memories by Manda said...

Cute cards! It is really cool to have dots in all the sizes in the dots stamp set

Margie said...

Wow!! Gorgeous cards-love them all!

JennyKozar said...

love love love the circles! thanks for sharing.

Iris said...

Great cards - love the one with all the circles and the embossed background.

Unknown said...

Oh Lin, these are gorgeous. I love the dots and plaids in autumn colors. Perfection at it's best. I'm saving these as favorites, hope you don't mind.

cheiron said...

Loving all of your creations Lin! You make me want to go break out the dots. I love what you've done with them.

Jasmine said...

I love the repetition of the circle motif in the first card, both in the background's embossed pattern and in your stamping and gems. And the dots work so well forming a wreath in the second card!

Linda T said...

Just love you're cards. Thank you for sharing you're ideas. I love the lots of dots stamp.

the doghouse said...

love the cards, especially the first one...

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the patterns & colors w/ the embellishments.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Deborah Montgomery said...

Love all your cards....each one is unique. I especially love the wreath! Thanks for sharing :)

debby4000 said...

Oh what fabulous cards love what you've done with the dots.
luv
Debby

anja curvers said...

Wow those cards all roch love the cicles but also the plaid how clever. Thank you for showing.

Unknown said...

Awesome stamping on your first card! It's really beautiful. And the second one turned so elegant.TFS!

NinaS said...

Fabulous cards.

Jacqui Blondel said...

just gorgeous love the circles

Cris G. said...

Oh, Lin, these are beautiful. I'll have to add the lots of dots to my list...

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous cards Lin. Love those awesome circles, especially on your first card. The dry embossed background looks amazing!

Tracy said...

I love the dots. Thanks for sharing creative ways to use them.

Debra said...

Amazing...your creativity rocks!

mariangel said...

wow your creations are awesoooooooooomeeeeeeeee

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! That 1st one is super fun!!

hugs...

valeriemolinier said...

OMG !!! You're card are jsut amazing ! You rock

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW Lin - these are all Amazing! You are so talented and so creative! (I know - I've said it Before (-: )
Hugs!

D- said...

Your cards are wonderful. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

Leni said...

Wonderful cards. The first one is my favorite, great colors.

Elizabeth said...

WOW! what a creative use of the circle stamps, I love them both and I will be trying this at home. TFS
Elizabeth

Marianne said...

I wnt from Oh to Wow to Amazing. Love all of your cards. I've been meaning to try some plaid atamping and just got another incentive to do so. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I love all your cards, but the circle card is fabulous. Very cute!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Virginia L. said...

YAY for the Top 5 win over Moxie Fab AND the publication in Paper Crafts!! SO happy for ya!

donna mikasa said...

Big hugs and congrats on being one of the finalists over at Moxie Fab World! Your cards are all so moxiefabulicious--and so are you, sweet friend!

Penny Ward said...

Yay you!!! Congrats on your win at MFW!!! So deserving!!! Way to go Lin.