Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Simon Says.........Anything Goes!


Welcome to another Anything Goes challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!!


The Design Team are all using stamps sent to us by Art Impressions, and I think you'll really enjoy the variety of fun stamps that we were given!   My stamp is called Penguin Joy, and it was fun to make my first Christmas card of the year!


Aren't these little guys cute?  I decided I wanted to keep my color scheme to aquas/turquoises and red, and then I thought of paper-piecing in the ornaments and then I decided to make them all glittery.  There must be an easier way to do that, but here's how I did:  I stamped the ornaments on red cardstock, and again on white for the letters, which I cut out and glued to the red ornaments, then I cut out the ornaments and ran them through my little Xyron machine to get them sticky on the fronts, and then dipped them into some Prisma glitter.  Next I stamped and colored my image again, using Spectrum Noir markers.  I trimmed it out into a panel, stamped my sentiment, and then carefully cut around their little "hands/flippers" so that I could insert my ornaments.  A little fiddly, but doing it this way pushes the ornaments out front like they would be in real life:


To finish I added my panel to a card base made from Pool layering paper, and punched out some snowflakes to add at the top and bottom for a little more dimension.  

Heidi has again provided us with a $50.00 gift voucher


to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore!  Will you be a winner this week?   This week you have 2 chances to win a fabulous prize !!   Art Impressions are also sponsoring this challenge and will be giving this fabulous prize to one lucky entrant !!


SSS Prize Pack (2)-1



AND if you go over to the Art Impressions Facebook Page, click 'like' and leave a comment to say that Simon Says Stamp have sent you, you will be entered into a prize draw where you could win $100 worth of Christmas Stamps !! Woo Hoo !! 


16 comments:

Jingle said...

Your glittery ornaments look fabulous! Very cute card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lin and well done on getting your christmas cards started !! :-) this is super cute and I think I will have to get me this stamp too :-)

luv
Lols x x

Laura Sterckx said...

Lin, this is such a sweet Christmas card! The image looks so cute!

Heather said...

An adorable Christmas card Lin, I love your sweet penguins and sparkling baubles!!

hugs
Heather xx

Maureen Morton said...

Bunches of holiday fun. Lin! These little guys can't help but bring a smile. How much of that glitter are you wearing? ha! Love it all.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Super sweet holiday card, Lin! I love the glitter you added to the ornaments :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Petti said...

very cute card!

Greta said...

Such a cute card! Glad to see an Oregon company showcased! I actually taught some classes there before they closed their retail store--brings back some good memories.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cute card and love the sparkling baubles.
luv
Debby

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Lin. Love your little penguins.

Jo Nevill said...

Super card Lin, those penguins are so cute x

Penny Ward said...

Your card is just so sweet Lin. I love the ornaments...too cute !!!

pamboe said...

Cute penguins are irresistable! Love your color combination!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So cute, and i love how you glittered the "joy" sentiment, Lin!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Lin! That stamp is just too cute!!

hugs...

Anonymous said...

Hi Lin! Thanks for creating such a fun card with Art Impressions stamps this week! Love how you glittered up the ornaments, never would have thought to use the Xyron for that! Thank you again and have a wonderful day! - Kate at Art Impressions