Thursday, September 26, 2013

Embellishments

Cath at Moxie Fab World has got a week's worth of challenges going, all linked to PaperCraft's newest publication called Handmade Cards.  For this first challenge, she wants us to use ready-made embellishments.

I just received a big pad of Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party papers, along with some dimensional embellishments made to go with them.  The beautiful pad had a big sheet of chalkboard elements, so I trimmed out this one and then used some of the gorgeous peachy papers also in the pad, along with the pretty rosette from the embellishment set.  All I had to add was the die-cut "you" and my card was finished!


Once I'd decided on my design, the card practically made itself!

Next I went digging into a box of embellishments, some from years ago, and found this lovely K&Company Brenda Walton Grand Adhesions floral embellishment.  I thought the color combination of peach and lilac was so unique, so I looked through my paper pads and this Graphics 45 Secret Garden paper seemed perfect for it.


The sentiment is from The Craft's Meow Potted Garden, stamped in VersaFine Imperial Purple, and I added an organdy dotted ribbon and a lacy punched border to the mix, along with a few pearls.

So, here are a kind of CAS card and another that is kind of shabby chic - thanks, Cath, I was glad to put these embellishments to good use!

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Both cards a re fabulous, Lin! Love seeing how you used the embellishments. I love the colors with the flower and the chalkboard is lovely in it! The 2nd card is feminine and the lace touches are beautiful!

Dawn T said...

what absolutely gorgeous cards. Each is special in its own way. Love the simplicity of the first and the elegance of the second one.

maria f. said...

Versafine imperial purple - doesn't that sound luscious. Love how the "you" steals the show - as it should.

Cindy C. said...

Wow both so pretty! I especially like the CAS simplicity of the first one!

Maureen Morton said...

I've been digging in my stash for this, too, Lin. These are both amazing and it looks like you took hours crafting the embellishments. Love the colors and graceful style of the second one. I need to start putting some together. Thanks for the kick-start.

judkajudi said...

It is so good to have a reason to stop hoarding those embellishments and use them!! Your cards are so pretty, Lin! Love that lilac and peach combo!!

Paula S. said...

These are both terrific Lin. Great inspiration to use some of those ready-made embellishments that I seem to always avoid.

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards! I especially like the touch of glitter you added to the flowers. I love the sparkle!

Brenda said...

Lin, these are so beautiful! Love that rosette in your first card and the bunch of sparkly flowers in the second!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards Lin.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Ready-Made Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)