Thursday, May 30, 2019

Jane Davenport Artomology goodies!

Spellbinders asked me to play with some of Jane Davenport's newest release, and though it's way out of my comfort zone, I thought it would be fun to stretch a bit.  They generously sent 2 of her new stamp sets, and a Palette Pastel set of 18 colors.  Here's what I made.


supplies: manila tag, white Gesso, Jane Davenport's Life Sparkle (sentiment) and Colour is Happiness (flower) clear stamp sets, Chilled Palette Pastel set, applied with Baton Blenders, Tim Holtz Flourish stencil, and Buttons Galore Lucky Charms embellishments, hand-dyed seam binding

I've never used pastels before, and having them in cake form in this pretty palette made them easy to play with.  I used them to color the flowers and to add the stencilled details.  The colors mix nicely, and you use so little that this palette will last forever!!  For this tag, I hand-drew a couple of leaves for the flowers.

Next I used the flowers and another of the sentiments to make a card,  I paired them with another stencil and used alcohol markers and distress inks this time for my coloring.


supplies: white cardstock, Jane Davenport Life Sparkle and Colour is Happiness stamp sets, Tonic Nuvo markers to color flowers, mini harlequin stencil and distress inks to match flowers

I love the sentiments, what fun fonts!  Hope you'll give these new products a try!

1 comment:

McStamper said...

Love your fabulous cards. Beautiful coloring.