Friday, May 31, 2019

One Die, Two Ways

I have 2 cards today, using the same cover die.

I had the idea to stamp various sizes of circles behind each flower and leaf before raising the die above the card front.  


supplies: white and black cardstock, Hero Arts Flower Garden fancy die, Simon Lots of Dots clear stamp set, Altenew mini inks, sentiment from Simon  Sketched Flowers, sequins to match circles, adhesive foam strips to lift panel

Using my die-cut garden to help me with the placement, I stamped various sizes of circles/dots.   Then I carefully popped the white die-cut above the card and added some sequins to match the dots behind each flower. The placement isn't perfect, but I'm really pleased with how this one came out, and I plan to try this technique with some of my other cover dies.

Below is a simpler version, using the same ink colors in the same positions as above, but just simply coloring the flowers, butterflies, and leaves using the inks diluted with water, and then gluing the diecut down to a white card base.  I added some dewdrops to the centers this time for a subtle sparkle, and an old favorite sentiment from Hero Arts.



supplies: white card, Bristol Paper, Hero Arts Flower Garden fancy die, painted in Altenew mini inks and water, Hero Arts Flowers Say Hello, from 2002, Simon Stitched Circle die, dew drops for centers of flowers

Thanks for stopping by - wishing you a GREAT weekend!

14 comments:

Betty said...

two beauties, Lin - love both of them - wonderful colors!

Joy Meadows said...

So gorgeous, Lin! Love the lots of dots behind the first one and the second one is just as lovely with the flowers colored in.

Sue McRae said...

Your dotty background is a fantabulous idea Lin! It really make the floral panel come to life!

Cat Craig said...

Both are lovely, and it is amazing how different they look. The white on dots really pops.

JoAnn said...

Love the Flower Garden die and the way you have used it on both of your lovely cards. My favorite is the second one. Love your coloring on the flowers and the dew drop centers.

Lisa Elton said...

Playing catch up again and loving all of your pretty florals Lin! They always make me smile!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Lin! Especially love the colorful stamped circles behind the cover die - inspired!!

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Lin. Clever idea to add the coloured circles behind the die cut

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Lovely florals...

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

In a word...BEAUTIFUL! Thanks
Jessica,

Jessica said...

In a word...BEAUTIFUL! Thanks
Jessica,

Carole said...


Both these cards are beautiful. As soon as I saw them I went online and ordered the die. Thanks for posting. I especially love the one where you stamped the different colored circles behind the flowers and leaves. Such a creative idea.

Unknown said...

Both cards are sooooo pretty and unique. I love your idea of stamping dots behind the cover die. Looks so pretty. Beautiful colors too.