Monday, December 6, 2021

Candy Cane Christmas

Growing up, every Christmas morning we each got one of my Dad's hunting socks stuffed with an orange, an apple, a candy cane, and some nuts.  With that memory in mind I decided to revisit a card I made last year that featured this Candy Cane die.  Here's this year's version.



supplies: white, 2 greens, Schoolhouse Red, white and red glitter card, a snowflake patterned paper, Simon's Candy Cane Heart Wafer dies, Tim Holtz Mini Greens and Holiday Words, my own bow die and snowflakes

Those early Christmases were truly magical, as, overnight, a beautiful fragrant tree and the presents underneath it appeared.  My parents must have been exhausted, but they gave us some wonderful memories!  

Do you have a special memory you'd like to share?  I'd love to hear yours!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love this! This is a new favorite, Lin and what a wonderful memory you've shared!

Dawn T said...

So pretty Lin. Love this candy cane die.

JoAnn said...

I love your sweet candy cane card. The candy canes look great over the greenery. TFS