Saturday, December 18, 2021

Simon's January Card Kit

 I love the elements in the new January Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp!  This stamp set is really darling, with 4 different snowmen and 3 sizes of pine trees to stamp!  I chose my favorite snowman and pine tree and one of the patterned papers to put my first card together.


supplies: white cardstock, Warmest Wishes clear stamp set, paper from La-La-Land Crafts Starry Night paper pad, adhesive foam squares

Instead of cutting out everything like I usually do, I took the time to compose my little snow scene first, using masking.  Then I just had to cut around the tops of the trees and the snowman.  That panel was then lifted above the patterned paper birch trees and snowflake background.  I love woodland scenes! 

Next I couldn't wait to try out the snowflake stencil and the new Glitz Glitter Gel in Seafoam.


supplies: white, Audrey Blue, and silver glitter card, Scattered Snowflake stencil, Seafoam Glitz Glitter Gel, Hero Arts (retired) snowflake die, small circle die, JOY from Simon's Ornamental Christmas, embossed in white

The glitter gel spreads like "butta" and really didn't take too long to dry, so that I could trim it to fit inside my A2 card.  Then I just popped on a silvery snowflake and a tiny sentiment in its center; so easy to do, but so striking!

Here's the kit in its entirety - you also get a snowflake embossing folder in this kit!


If you're a snowflake/snowman fan, then this kit is for you!

3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

It is a beautiful kit and your cards so delightful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Lin - that looks a wonderful kit
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Nana Griffin said...

Love your card using this kit. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and all your details.