Friday, December 17, 2021

Hero Arts Neighborhood Houses

 I've always been drawn to little things, so when I saw these newly released Hero Arts house dies, I jumped right in!

Since it's Christmas, I used them first for a Christmas card.


supplies: white, Schoolhouse Red and Surf Blue card, Hero Arts Neighborhood Houses dies, sentiment from a retired Wild Rose Studio snowman clear stamp set, glue pen, Simon Unicorn Confetti glitter, adhesive foam to pop up white areas

A really simple design: I cut out the houses and one of the trees twice, then attached them to a torn piece of white card on which I'd stamped my sentiment in red.  Then I used my glue pen to add some glitz to the rooftops, along the ground, and as falling snow.  That whole panel was then popped above the blue background.  That teensy bird is part of the set, so I cut him from red and perched him on the sentiment.

Next, I decided to use just one of the houses and the pine tree to make a little ornament on a card.


supplies: metallic gold, white, green, and Lipstick Red card, MFT starry patterned paper, Hero Arts Neighborhood Houses dies, markers to color, Impression Obsession Pine Branch die, circle die, a snowflake embossing folder, sentiment from Simon's Tiny Words Christmas, ornament cap die from Spellbinders, gingham ribbon

I cut out a circle and a partial circle from the starry paper and a bit of white cardstock, then added my little grouping of the house amidst the pines and stamped a tiny sentiment. 

I've been taking advantage of our Christmas tree as a prop for my Christmas card pictures.  These last 2 were taken on my phone in portrait mode, the first with the tree unlit and the 2nd with it lit.

In my opinion, these little houses are a perfect size, and you'll be seeing them in other seasons, too!  Thanks for stopping by today!  

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful dies Lin, and two lovely cards you have made using them - I look forward to seeing them pop up on your blog through the year :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

These are both darling, Lin! I'm smitten with the unicorn confetti you sprinkled on the first one, so sweet!