Wednesday, December 29, 2021

My Little Chickadee

 I scooped up the bird dies from the latest Simon Says Stamp release and here is my last card of the year.  I was tickled to get this chickadee, as we recently installed a small bird feeder just outside my Mom's kitchen window and she has been enjoying seeing these frequent visitors every morning when she eats breakfast.  So this will go to her.


supplies: white, black, and Cornflower Blue card, Simon Layered Chickadee die, Snowflake Visions embossing folder, Script Thanks dies, Spellbinders branch die, white pigment ink

I cut the bird and branch from white and then colored the parts with my markers before assembling, leaving a small white area on the branch to simulate snow.  I embossed the snowflakes and then rubbed on some white pigment ink to help bring out the details. Our Christmas tree was the perfect place to stage this card.  

Chickadees have always been a favorite of mine, so I'm so pleased to have this new die.  Of course, he's so cute and pudgy that you could color him any color that pleases you and he'll still bring a smile!

Edited to add: Simon Says Stamp is offering a 20% discount on their own exclusive dies!  Use code DMR943 through the end of the year!  

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet little chickadee! And holy smokes are those embossed snowflakes ever incredibly pretty! Fabulous card, Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable chickadee on his branch, Lin - love the embossed snowflakes too!!

mamawcindy said...

Oh my I love your card. Love that sweet little Chickadee. Birds are my favorite and I have been enjoying watching them at the feeder. Your Mom is going to love it. Happy New Year to you.
cindys-greencricut

Dawn T said...

so pretty Lin. I'm a bit late commenting... but hope you have a Happy New Year full of crafting and continue to inspire us all with your stunning projects.