Friday, May 20, 2022

Pretty in Pink

 I was inspired by 2 things for today's card: the lovely pink in our crabapple that recently blossomed, and my '"inheriting" of my Mom's embroidery flosses - she had such pretty colors!  So I pulled out this frilly Stitched Flower and had an afternoon of fun.


supplies: white card, pink heart patterned paper from Doodlebug's Cute & Crafty collection, Spellbinders Stitched Flower dies, embroidery flosses, Pink Fresh Studio Sending Phrase Builder die

I used 3 tones of pink floss to stitch my flowers, and 2 shades of green.  These flowers are such a nice size - you aren't committing to hours of time to bring them to life.

Here's a photo of our crabapple - love its pinks; it starts out dark pink and the petals fade to a pale pink as they age.


Weekend!  Have a good one!

2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So wonderful to have those supplies from your mom, Lin - nice legacy that you can use them too! Just love your pink stitched flowers on the heart paper! Beautiful photo of your crabapple tree too!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Lin, and I love that you used your mother's threads to stitch it with - and your crab apple certainly provided some beautiful inspiration
Blessings
Maxine