Sunday, May 22, 2022

Simon's June Card Kit

 My June Card Kit arrived on Friday and I jumped right in yesterday morning - I especially wanted to play with the fun slimline sunshine stencil and the jar of stickles.  Here's my mini slim-line card.



I prefer 3 x 6 mini-slimline cards, so I stencilled the sunburst slightly offcenter to the left to fit into my 2 3/4" inside width.  First I used fossilized amber distress ink, then the glitter gel.  I ran with a sunshine theme for my sentiments, and added this happy blue for the card matting and largest sentiment - I was thinking of the blue skies and sunny days of summer!  

It's always hard to take pictures when glitz is involved, so the above was taken inside and slightly tilted to get the glittery effect.  This next card was taken outside with a straight-on shot.



I used the new microdots adhesive to attach 3 layers of my Hello sentiment and also to add in the strips. It really makes life easier when you're using smaller attachments.   And I love the little mini t-square ruler in this kit - a perfect size for cards - I used it to line up all my sentiments.  And to top everything off, the yellow mesh bag is such a day brightener - it perfectly holds all the contents of any project you want to keep together!

Here's the kit - there's so much I didn't use yet!


2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful, shine-y card Lin - love how you have used the stencil, and great sentiments you have chosen to go with it
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Such a pretty sunshine card Lin. It looks so summery