Saturday, July 1, 2023

Peach Peonies

 The peonies this year were huge!  For once, the rain didn't ruin them, but we had a hot spell that hurried their life span and they didn't last long anyway.  I remembered this Lush Garden set of layering stamps, stencils, and dies, and paired them with a gorgeous 3D embossing folder that looks like peonies to me.


supplies: white cardstock, Altenew Lush Garden layering stamps, matching simple stencil, and matching dies, Altenew Garden Party, Green Valley, and yellow inks, Spellbinders Four Petal Floral 3D embossing folder, (retired) Tammy Tutterow sentiment die, Altenew Tea Party enamel heart

I used the darkest of each color family for the outline stamping, and the very lightest of each with the simple stencils to fill in the whole image.  

My peonies are the old-fashioned white, pale and dark pink ones, transplanted years ago from a neighbor.  I would love to have some that are this peachy color!  Do you have any unusual peonies in your garden?

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just love these peachy coloured flowers Lin. I wish I could grow some in this colour. A beautiful card.

JoAnn said...

Your peonies are colored beautifully and look great on the embossed background. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card, Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous peonies, Lin - perfect on the embossed background! Don't think I've ever seen peonies this color - my parents' garden is full of the dark pink ones...