Sunday, July 30, 2023

Stitched for Christmas

 Spellbinders has released a new collection of stitching dies, called Stitched for Christmas!  Here are my samples.


supplies: white, cream, pink, yellow and greens cardstock, pink metallic cardstock, Stitched Poinsettia and Holly dies, cream, pink, and green embroidery floss, 3 strands, Holly & Foliage 3D embossing folder, sentiment and pine sprigs from Mix & Match Holiday Greetings dies, pink metallic sequins

I've always loved pink poinsettias, so that's the direction I went for this first card, and I made a cream flower, also, then used cream and pink floss for my stitching.  After arranging the elements, I decided to bring in some glitz with a metallic sentiment, matting, and sequins.

Next I have 2 cards using the fun Stitched Starry Argyle plate.


supplies: red and teal green cardstock, pewter metallic kraft cardstock, Stitched Starry Argyle stitching plate, holly and berries from Stitched Poinsettia and Holly set, Joy dies, adhesive strips to lift word and holly

I love this argyle plate!  I used 6 strands of a teal green and a wheat floss to stitch it, then trimmed it very slightly so that I could mat it with a peacock green card.  I used the same cardstock colors for my holly and berries, stitching tone-on-tone for them.

Next is a winter card using the same Starry Argyle plate, done in blues this time.  After stitching in 2 shades of my favorite blue, I pulled out 4 ancient snowflakes from my scrapbasket and layered them as the focal point.  I left off a sentiment for now.


supplies: white and 2 shades of blue cardstock, white glitter cardstock, 2 shades of blue embroidery floss, Stitched Starry Argyle Stitching plate, a dark blue gem 

It doesn't show up here, but the largest white snowflake was cut from white glitter card, so between that and the blue gem in the very center, this is very sparkly!  I separated the 4 layers with adhesive foam squares for some dimension, but everything compacts back nicely when put into an envelope.

This plate is called "Starry" Argyle, but I think it looks like teensy snowflakes in between the stitches, so I changed to blues for something a little different.  Of course, this plate doesn't have to be holiday or winter themed, either - choose other colors and make a masculine card.  

Hope you've enjoyed my take on these new dies - thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

OK....now I "HAVE" to get that Argyle Stitched background- LOVE IT!

Lisa Elton said...

Great job with your stitching, Lin, these are terrific! Love the colors on your first one!

kiwimeskreations said...

A trio of beautiful stitched cards Lin - love the blue one in particular
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Lin. Such fun dies. Lovely cards