Monday, July 10, 2023

Yana's De-Light-Ful Christmas Release!!

 Yana has done it again!  She's releasing some Christmas goodies and you are going to love them!  I chose 5 sets from her Yana's De-Light-ful Christmas release, and I have 5 cards to share with you today!  

All of my sentiments have been foiled with Yana's Merry Little Christmas Sentiments glimmer plates and various colors of glimmer foil.  The sentiment glimmer plates consist of 4 large script sentiments with matching shadow dies, and 5 smaller text sentiments.

First up, 2 cards featuring her Poinsettia Bloom dies.



I paper-pieced my poinsettia with pink and green metallic kraft cardstock, then added a pink foiled sentiment from the new Merry Little Christmas Sentiments glimmer plates/dies set, and popped up a frame using the new Holly & Foliage 3D embossing folder.  You'll see more cards using the embossing folder below.

Here's a 2nd card, using pink and silver this time, a much more CAS design.

 
supplies: 2 shades of pink cardstock, matte silver cardstock, Poinsettia Bloom dies, a pink marker for highlighting the flower, another foiled Merry Little Christmas Sentiments, Silver glimmer foil

I cut the poinsettia from a medium pink cardstock, and a matte silver metallic cardstock, and pieced the bloom back together, adding a few highlights with a marker..  Then I just glued it onto a pink panel on which I'd foiled my sentiment.

This next card may be my favorite, simply because it's all glimmer and went together effortlessly!  The plate has a matching stencil set, too, to color in the details!



The stencil set is 4 stencils.  And here I used a matching die from the Sentiment glimmer set.  (I fussy-cut a shadow for it from red cardstock).  I had to take another picture to try and get the pretty glimmer the foiling makes.


Finally, I have 2 cards using the 3d Embossing Folder called Holly & Foliage.  This design has essentially the same elements as the above Holly Background glimmer plate, but on a slightly larger scale. 


supplies: white, red, and pale green cardstock, Holly & Foliage embossing folder, white pigment ink, another of the Merry Little Christmas Sentiments, Red glimmer foil

I centered a small pale green rectangle on an A2 sized white one and put them both into the embossing folder, then matted them both in red, reattached them so that the pattern  matched, and added a red-foiled sentiment.  (I rubbed white pigment ink on the green one before matting it, but I'm not sure it made a difference on this light cardstock.)  

I wanted to try and color the embossing folder for my final card.  My hands aren't as steady as they used to be, but I'm pleased with the results.



supplies: white cardstock, Holly & Foliage 3D embossing folder, alcohol markers to color, another of the glimmer sentiments and its matching shadow die, Magenta glimmer foil

"Delightful" is the perfect title for Yana's collection, as I had a delightful time playing with these lovelies!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is as festive and lovely as the next!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Lin. Delightful really does cover the release.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful quintet of cards Lin - my favourites are the pink and silver poinsettia and the layered embossed one.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great set of cards, Lin - my fave is the Joy card with the layered embossing - so effective!!

JoAnn said...

Wonderful set of cards. My favorite is also the Joy card with the layered embossing. I think you did a great jog coloring the embossing on the last card.