Monday, May 6, 2024

May Spellbinders Club Kits!

 The Spellbinders Club Kits are available now through May 27!  You are going to love this tropical theme that runs throughout all the kits!

For my first card I mixed the Small Dies of the Month: Tropical Friends, with the 3D embossing folder: Scattered Tropical, and used bright colors of cardstock.


supplies: white, black, and bright colors of cardstock, Tropical Friends Small Dies of the Month, Scattered Tropics 3D embossing folder, All You Need Sentiments glimmer plate and die, gold glimmer hot foil

Aren't these new goodies fabulous?!  I had such a good time playing with them.  With this embossing folder, it's easy to build your own tropical scene!  

Here's another card using it, along with a few of the Large Dies of the Month, called Grand Tropical Flamingos.


supplies: aquas, dark teal, and green cardstock, Scattered Tropics 3D embossing folder, rubbed with a teal and a green ink, leaves and flowers from Grand Tropical Flamingos, enamel dots, Hello dies from Petite Blooms and Sentiments

The Large Dies of the Month: Grand Tropical Flamingos don't disappoint either! I used another part of the set and paired them with the Stencils of the Month: Tropical Spray.




supplies: white, black, 2 shades of pink cardstock, Grand Tropical Flamingos dies, Wonderful Script Sentiments die, Tropical Splash stencils, 2 middle shades of Seashore inks, adhesive foam to pop up flamingos

I googled flamingos to see how they're colored. They get this color because they eat shrimp!  AND their knees are a brighter color than the rest of their legs!   I also found out also that a group of them is called a flamboyance!  Of course it is!  For that reason, I chose my "Hello beautiful" sentiment for this card.

The stencil this month has a very pleasing design to me, and though it's called "spray", and I took it to be water, I think it could look like leaves, too, and be very useful in all kinds of situations!  

Here's another card that uses most of the rest of the large dies for this month (you'll see a leaf and flower from the 2nd card above).  I put them against the Embossing Folder: Latticework.


supplies: desert storm, white, yellow, pinks, and teals cardstock, Latticework embossing folder, swiped with white pigment ink, leaves and flowers from Grand Tropical Flamingos, sentiment from Wendy Vecchi Vintage Florals dies

The Large Dies have a nice selection of tropical leaves, plus this large flower and the small one.



supplies: white, black, kraft, and golden yellow cardstock, Stitched Pineapple stitching dies, golden yellow embroidery floss, 3 strands, Scattered Tropics 3D embossing folder

I made my own sentiment because the pineapple is a symbol of hospitality.

My next card features the Glimmer Plates: Tropical Bloom, and one of the TWO bonus items in the Caboodle this month, Tropical Bloom stencils to color it with!


supplies: lavendar and purple glitter cardstock, Tropical Bloom glimmer plates (includes sentiment), fuchsia flower glimmer hot foil, Caboodle Tropical Bloom stencils, 2 shades of purple and a green ink, blending brushes

I received some fuchsia flower glimmer foil, a new color to me, so I decided on a monochromatic design for this card.  After foiling and stenciling my panel, I trimmed it so that I could add some extra twinkle with a bit of glitter cardstock on the left and top of my card.  There's a 2nd sentiment in the glimmer set: Thinking of You, and cutting dies to match both sentiments.



supplies: white cardstock, Let's Get Together stamp/die set, markers to color, Latticework embossing folder, tickled pink and saltwater taffy distress inks, adhesive foam

This set also has 3 more sentiments and a smaller image to color, with dies to cut them out.

You can look HERE for information on Spellbinders Clubs.  Each is available only from the 6th until the 27th of each month.  If you click on my links under each card, you can see the specifics of each product.  You can subscribe to each of our 10 kits separately, (and you can "unjoin" a subscription at any time without any penalty), or you can get them all, saving 60% AND get the free Tropical Bloom stencils AND Betterpress Tropical Sentiments plates by choosing the Deluxe Caboodle!  



1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, you've been busy! These are all fantastic, Lin. Love those cutie patootie birds on the first card!