Friday, July 12, 2024

Handmade Holidays, part 2: Winter Rose Background and Delivering Joy Sleigh

There were several other items released in the Handmade Holidays Christmas kit release, and today I have several cards that I made with two of them. 

First up is a gorgeous BetterPress plate called Winter Rose Background.  You can get it alone, or as a bundle with some matching stencils.  My first card uses the plate as it was intended, with the BetterPress machine and black ink, and the stencils. 


supplies: white and orchid pink cardstock, Layered Winter Rose BetterPress plate and Stencil Bundle, Betterpress Black ink, Cherry Blossom, Green Meadows, and tattered rose inks, sentiment from clear stamp set in the Handmade Holidays Christmas Card kit

My next 2 cards use the plate in the glimmer machine with glimmer foils.  First I foiled it in silver.


supplies: white and silver foil cardstock, Winter Rose BetterPress plate, silver glimmer foil, sentiment from Christmas Greetings, silver pearls

I think this is gorgeous, just as it is!  The sky's the limit with the colors of foil you can use with it done this way!  I tried gold and red foil, too, on white cardstock, and you'll see those somewhere down the line......

Next I foiled it with Teal glimmer foil and used my stencils again, with red and teal inks.


supplies: white, dark teal, and a red foil cardstock (tiny strip), Winter Rose Background BetterPress plate and Stencil Bundle, Teal glimmer foil, Crimson, Velvet,and Sweet Dreams inks, sentiment from last year's Snowflake Wishes die/stamp set

And one more picture of this card, tilted to show you the teal glimmer foil. 

As you can see with my first card, this design doesn't scream Christmas, so I think it could be used all year because of those beautiful roses!  

Finally, here's my final card for today, using the new Delivering Joy Sleigh dies from this release.

supplies: silver foil cardstock, reds, greens, white, and pink cardstock from kitpatterned papers from Handmade Holidays paper pad, Delivering Joy Sleigh dies, gemstones from kit, sentiment from new Mistletoe Greetings BetterPress plate/die set

Thanks for visiting me today - I hope I've inspired you to start working on your Christmas cards!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've used the roses in so many pretty ways and I'm loving the way you filled the sleigh! Wonderful cards, Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards once more Lin - love the one that is simply foiled on white cardstock and mounted - that is stunning, and so elegant
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

More stunning cards Lin. You are so talented and I love seeing your creations.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love all three versions of the winter rose, Lin, but especially the gold one! And your sleigh is delightful - thanks for the inspiration!! I already have that one on order...