Friday, July 26, 2024

Woodblock Wednesday

Here's my card for this month's Woodblock Wednesday on Amy's blog.

I have always loved the combination of text and flowers, and this Hero Arts stamp from 2011 does all the work for me!  I also used another large A2 size Cloud stamp from Hero Arts.  Then I paper-pieced the flowers and leaves - this was almost like making a little paper quilt!


supplies: white cardstock, tiny patterned papers from Doodlebug, 2009 Hero Arts S5215 Clouds, 2011 S5506 Flower Text, Simon Surf ink, VersaFine Black ink, enamel dots, adhesive foam squares

I first stamped the clouds with Surf ink on a white panel, then overstamped the flower text, then stamped it again on scraps of patterned papers and fussy-cut them to paper- piece in the details.  I popped all the flowers up with adhesive squares, and added a tiny stamped "joy" to one of the flower centers, and enamel dots in other areas.


Be sure to visit Amy's blog to see all the other entries for this monthly challenge.

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a cheery garden, Lin!! Just love the combo of the two HA background stamps and your paper piecing is delightful!!

Cindy C. said...

So fun to see these oldies but goodies in action again.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Lin. Love the stamps and paper piecing.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Lin - love your use of the stamps, with such cheerful colours.
Blessings
Maxine

Lucy E. said...

What a pretty card! I always forget about paper piecing.

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cute card and so happy!

~amy~ said...

I love this design so much Lin! The combo of stamps and colors is perfection.
Thanks so much for playing along with Woodblock Wednesday!