Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Home for the Holidays

 Home for the Holidays is a Christmas collection released a few days ago,  Today I have 4 cards that I made using some of the new goodies in this collection.

First up is St. Nick.  He's nice and tall, so I made a slimline card that will easily fit into a business envelope.  My card measures 3 1/2" wide by 8 1/2" long.  My sentiment is also new - from Christmas Greetings.


supplies: various colored and gold foil cardstock, St Nick dies, sentiment from Christmas Greetings, ice blue sequins from Christmas Card Kit

St. Nick has a sweet face, complete with rosy cheeks and nose, eyebrows, and a mustache!  The set comes with this pretty snowflake and also with a large star.  I added some ice-blue sequins to the centers of my flakes for some subtle sparkle.  This was lots of fun to put together!

The sentiment set has a fun font and size and a selection of 11 words and matching shadow dies that can be mixed to make the perfect sentiment.

My next card features the new Candy Canes & Holly dies and new Emerald Cut Labels dies, along with what may be my new favorite Christmas sentiments, Sending Joy Sentiments press plates; isn't the font pretty?  

supplies: red, white, and green cardstock, Candy Canes & Holly dies, Emerald Cut Labels, Sending Joy Sentiments press plate, Red glimmer foil, Holly Flourish embossing folder, small adhesive foam squares

I die-cut the largest Emerald Label die and glued it to my card front, then manually trimmed away the 4 corners to make this a shaped card.  I also added a subtle embossed holly background in the background, before popping my candy canes and sentiment above the card surface.

My third card shows you a beautiful new Christmas floral set of dies, Poinsettia Spray, done in pinks, white, and a bright green instead of traditional Christmas colors.  I added a bit of silver foil in the centers of the flowers, and placed the spray onto a big postage stamp, adding another of those beautiful script sentiments.


supplies: colored and silver foil cardstock, Poinsettia Spray dies, Sending Joy Sentiments, Bright Pink glimmer foil, Postage Edge Rectangle dies

And finally, I mixed the Winter Rose Background with a smaller Emerald Cut Label, and used another new BetterPress sentiment set called Mistletoe Greetings.  The background and the sentiment are foiled in red.  Then I inked another panel and used the matching stencils to color it, and used a smaller label to cut out the center, which I lifted above the foiled panel with foam, adding the red frame..


supplies: white and red cardstock, Winter Roses Background press plate and matching Stencil Bundle, Red glimmer foil, BetterPress Black ink, reds, greens, and beige inks, Emerald Label die, Mistletoe Greetings press plate and die

I hope you'll find something here that inspires you for your Christmas cards this year!  Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Marvelous cards, Lin! Love the way St. Nick fills that slimline design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous quartet of cards, Lin - just love your slimline Santa, the fun candy canes, the poinsettia sprig, & the latest take on Winter Rose - all stunning!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Lin - I particularly love the soft pink floral one
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous cards Lin. Loving this release.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful set of cards. Love all the texture and design of each card.