Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Simon Hurley Birthday Bash

 Simon Hurley recently launched another collection at Spellbinders, and I was intrigued by 2 of the embossing folders in it.  Both of them are 3D. Embossing folders are one of my favorite things to create with, and can be used simply just on white to add some texture, or as the focal image; it's up to you!

This first one is called Plaster, and I thought it would be a great one to have on hand for masculine cards.  So that's the direction I went for my first play with it.


supplies: white and various green cardstock, Plaster 3D embossing folder, (retired) Susan Tierney-Cockburn Ferns and Ivy dies, a Twilight butterfly sticker, sentiment banner from my stash

  I added some ferns cut from different green cardstock, one of the Twilight Butterfly stickers released earlier this year, and a sentiment that was in my sentiment box, all ready to go in the perfect color!

When you get this embossed, it also reminds me of the icing on a cake, so there's an idea for next time!

The next folder is called Flourish.  I made an easy card using some printed Stampendous artwork and a press plate sentiment..


supplies: white and bright yellow cardstock, Flourish embossing folder, fussy-cut sunflower from Stampendous Hope of Spring Quick Card Backgrounds, All Seasons Summer press plate sentiment (coming soon)

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great design on your plaster card, Lin - love the texture and the sweet butterfly!! Gorgeous flourish with the frame and sunflower too!! Just ordered from Spellbinders yesterday but didn't even look at embossing folders - next time....Thanks for the inspiration!!

Dawn T said...

Two amazing cards Lin. That plaster 3D folder is totally amazing. Love what you've done with it. And the other folder is just as incredible.

kiwimeskreations said...

What great embossing folders - the plaster one is unique - nothing like it around, and very deep embossing too. The Flourish one is also very detailed
You have made two wonderful cards using them
Blessings
Maxine