Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Simon Says..........CAS Christmas

wed-newchallenge-header

It's time for a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!



This week our theme is CAS Christmas, and the Design Team are using products from Memory Box.  They make the most gorgeous detailed dies - I was lucky to snag a pretty wreath die called Catalina Wreath.  Here are 2 cards I made using it.


supplies: red and green cardstocks, My Mind's Eye My Story patterned paper, Catalina Wreath, cut 3 times, 2 greens and a red, Simon's Christmas Blessings die, gold foil paper, gold sequins

This next one is not at all Clean and Simple, but I thought this patterned paper in the background went so nicely with it, I shared it with you anyway.   Love the country look of it!  I paper-pieced the flowers onto the green wreath, and added little white pearls in their centers to mimic the flowers in the paper, then popped the whole wreath up above the card surface to help it stand out a little more.  I paired it with one of my most favorite Christmas sentiment sets from Hero Arts, now sadly discontinued. The dotted letters just seem to go along with the whole style of the card.



supplies: white, red, and green cardstock, Catalina Wreath, cut in green and red and paper-pieced, white pearls, Simple Stories Cozy Christmas patterned paper, Hero Arts Miracle of the Holidays, and Red Royal ink

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px
to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

Simon Says Stamp

Do you use Instagram?  If you do, we'd love you to add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there, too! 

14 comments:

Jingle said...

These are very cute!

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful cards Lin, both of them are so stylish and pretty :-) I love the wreath with the blessings, gorgeous :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Barb said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Lin! ♥

Shelly said...

Oh, these are sooo pretty!

Virginia L. said...

These wreath cards have the homespun feel and your sure make these dies shine....I .love the use of floral prints! BEAUTIFUL!!

Leigh Penner said...

These are so pretty!

Heather said...

Both gorgeous cards Lin, fabulous design and wonderful wreaths such pretty colours and backgrounds!!

hugs
Heather xx

francesca said...

beautiful cards!!
I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog, be sure to check it out!! :)

Melissa Bove said...

Lovely cards Lin!! Such pretty designs!

hugs...

Stephanie said...

Both cards are so lovely!! The first is right on trend with the gold foil :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

kiwimeskreations said...

Very pretty cards Lin - love them both, but the Blessings on appeals just that wee bit more.
Blessings
Maxine

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Christmas cards love the wreaths.
luv
Debby

Dawn T said...

totally awesome Lin. You are so right about the PP on your second card. It is prefect! Thanks for being so inspiring.

Mandy said...

Beautiful cards Lin! They are both so pretty and I've just realised I have that die!!! I never liked it on my cards when I tried it but you have made it look so pretty that I want to give it another try now :)
hugs
Mandy xx